Notification to State - HELP !

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
I'm sure that this question has been asked a million times, but how do you notifiy the state ? Where do you get the required forms from (Im getting married in RC Church) I really don't know where to start, and I have been told different things so I'm all confused now :-8 I really want to get this done so that I can mark it off the list. Any help would be appreciated O-O
she Posts: 3298
Here this site will tell you all, your better just to get it booked now, at least you'll have your date :wv http://www.groireland.ie/getting_married.htm#section1
Mistified Posts: 2680
Contact your local Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages. In most town they are based in the local Health Centre. They will make an appointment for you, send you a letter telling you what you need to bring with you and then they fill in the forms with you. The whole thing took us about an hour. We had to pay them too 120 euro I think.
jen4 Posts: 566
If you phone the civil registration office they'll give you an appointment and then send you out a list of all the things you need to bring with you. I don't know where you're located but just in case it's any help the Dublin office's phone number is 018638200
sshery_2000 Posts: 57
Hi, Just a note on this for any brides marrying in a parish away from where they live. You can do your civil registration in the Births,Deaths,Marriages registration centre that's nearest to you. You don't have to travel to the one that's nearest the parish in which you'll be marrying. They'll pass on the information to the relevant office for you. This saved us a 2hr drive, plus our church then had to change due to renovations & we had to take a second trip to get our Marriage Cert changed! Worth keeping in mind.
marriedLife Posts: 1881
Thanks sshery_2000 I was just about to ask that question! I have booked us in to register our intent to marry in Dublin and we are getting married in Wexford so was unsure whether this would be a problem. When I rang up that gave me a date of the 2nd Feb 09 - we are getting married on the 15th May 09. I was just thinking that this is just over the 3 month notice period. If they have to send on the details to Wexford etc.. do you think I will have enough time in about a week to get everything completed to meet the 3 month time span??
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
Thanks everyone for your help. Going to ring the priest later also to see if we can meet him, we need to find out if we have to do a marriage course. O-O
sshery_2000 Posts: 57
Qwerty1505, **As far as I'm aware!!!** The 3 month limit only applies to wherever your appointment is. Once you've registered with your local office before the 3mth deadline, that's the date that matters. They'll get the info passed on to the office local to the church, but it doesn't matter if that's a wk or so after the 3mth deadline. The date is recorded when you got your the marriage cert from your local registration office, and that's the date that counts. To be doubly sure, you could ring the office where your appointment is, but I was told the above re deadline. HTH