Nuk Bottles

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Venus Bride Posts: 456
Hey girls Anyone use these bottles. All the nurses in CUMH are recommending them and they use them to feed babies while you are in hospital Any info on your experience with them much appreciated. Also have you used their dummys ?
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
My DS loves the Nuk bottles.when in hospital (6 weeks) he was offered loads of teats but always opted for this. Not as fussy now but we still use them. doesn't take a soother.
Cutey Pie Posts: 419
have bought some Nuk bottles to start with and see how babs is on them, but a lot of people are telling me to get Dr Browns as they have an anti colic device in them ?
Venus Bride Posts: 456
thx girls Can i ask do ye use the latex or silicone teat ?
Cutey Pie Posts: 419
I got the silicone as i heard they were better as they are clear and you can see any dirt in them
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
I use both! latex do look dirty though but its only cosmetic. wouldn't buy a whole load of any bottle because babies can be really fussy. some of the teats can be quite hard for them to suck-I found it was trial and error but maybe because he was a prem and his sucking reflexes weren't fully developed.
love struck Posts: 1125
Venus Bride I dont know about the bottles but the soothers were recommended by our mid wife... Looked in Mothercare/Boots/Dunnes/Tesco and a couple of other chemists and I cant find the soothers.. So I have decided not to go with them as it they are really difficult to get it will only cause hassle for me in the long run :o0
Rocky Posts: 465
I use all Nuk bottles and soothers -both the thick bottles with the big teats and the thinner ones with smaller teats. Use all silicone for the bottles. On the soothers, my DD will only use 0-6 months small Nuk ones that have a flat side and round side (not the cherry shape but not sure what they're called). I used both silicone and latex ones though. I find them great. I breastfed for 10 weeks then moved to these bottles and she never refused them once Rocky
love struck Posts: 1125
Rocky Where did you get the soothers I have search everywhere and cant find them...
chicam Posts: 1169
Anyone know if there's an online site you can buy NUK bottles from?