Number of children you want

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
Just curious as to how many little ones you're planning on having... Both DH and I are from families with 4 kids; when the topic of number of kids first came up years ago, we both said 4. Now over the years it's gone down to 2, financial reasons being one of them. However recently I've started thinking maybe if we're lucky we could have a third... Guess it will change though after the 1st arrives! :o0
esmum Posts: 426
Just discussing it yesterday with dh. We would like 3 . But that might change by the time I have this one :o0
Beaubelle Posts: 741
Hi HB, It's funny! It seems like a lot of people want the same number of kids that was in their family! Myself and DH also come from families of 4 like you, and we both want 4 kids, but as you say yourself, financial constraints may change that plan in the future... Things are a lot more expensive than they were when our parents were having children. :wv
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
3 or 4 would be fab. DH would like about 17 I'd say, but he should have asked me sooner!! :o0
coconut Posts: 2183
Not sure how many we would like! when talking about it first we said 3 or 4!! Not following in my mothers foot steps anyway she had 11!
Emme Posts: 4735
I reckon I could do this 4 times! Money wise I'd be concerned but then again people seem to manage. At the end of the day I wouldn't swap my siblings for all the private education and foreign holidays in the world. Thats today though, tomorrow I'd sell them for jelly beans!
bam bam Posts: 1756
We both say two, then I say well maybe three, and he says no two and then I say well if we're blessed with a third we're hardly going to give it away :o0 Unfortunately it does come down to finances too. I come from a family of five, he's from a family of two so we'll reach a compromise, just going to get through the first one and then we'll see.
Ivy F Posts: 2023
I've always said that I'd be delighted with just the one, but I know that that might change further down the line. I'm almost 34, so we'll see.
moobear Posts: 1126
When we discussed this I said 2 at the most! I said that you cant really have one so if we are having any it will have to be two - just my opinion! If h2b had his way we would have 22!! We did say that after the second we would talk about maybe having another but I guss it really depends on financial retraints & also who the pregnancies go!
lastminutebride Posts: 785
I'd love two. My brother's really important to me - I feel like the best thing we can possibly give this kid, after lots of love, is a brother or sister. (Obviously not everyone feels the same - that's just a personal thing!) I think my husband would love a dozen, but we can talk about that when science lets him be the one to get pregnant.