numbers in darver castle

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

confusingtimes Posts: 2
Hi we love the venue Darver castle just outside dundalk. We are going to have roughly 300 invited so just wondering has anyone been to a large wedding in darver castle? If so was it a squeeze. We would hate not to have a good dance floor space as we will have big dancing crowd. Were also a bit concerned with the bar being outside the function room and that it will split the crowd up? Any feedback much appreciated!! O-O
doddles Posts: 9
Was thinking of Darver Castle for a winter wedding, anyone out there know anything about it? Their website looks pretty impressive! I've heard they hold 300 so you should be ok.:wv
Pretty as a Picture Posts: 9
Hi girls! I'm going down to see Darver Castle on Saturday, I don't think the website does it justice. I was looking at their wedding package online and just wondering is there an extra exclusive hire fee that isn't shown? or have they added it to the 'per head' price? Thanks!
seedee Posts: 1017
[quote="Pretty as a Picture":3hhboehu]Hi girls! I'm going down to see Darver Castle on Saturday, I don't think the website does it justice. I was looking at their wedding package online and just wondering is there an extra exclusive hire fee that isn't shown? or have they added it to the 'per head' price? Thanks![/quote:3hhboehu] no, there's no hire fee any more, just a price per head.
That's great news thanks seedee!
luckyladee Posts: 2550
Beautiful venue girls - we looked at this one too but went smaller in the end. You'll love it!
Hey I went down on Saturday and we were delighted with it! the owners were so nice too. We've provisionally booked it now so just have to see if the little church across the road is available too. Very exciting!
seedee Posts: 1017
oh how exciting!!! they're lovely there arent they? and the function room is FABULOUS! when are you getting married?
mkb Posts: 1744
Hi ladies, i got married in Darver last year and they were seriously so wonderful. I couldn't fault a thing about the service, the food or the venue. We loved it and our guest loved it as weell.They treated us like royaly for the day and they always were so good about answering questions and helping us out. I honestly couldn't recommended it enough. I love the place :lvs :lvs We had 150 people at the wedding and around 30 for the afters,the dance floor was never empty i mean it and there was still loads of space. I saw the room fitted for a wedding of 300 and walked around to see the lay out, and as guest there was still plenty of space to move around, pull your chair out etc. so in terms of the dance floor I would imagine you would still have plenty of space in the evenin. hth
I've provisionally booked the 31st of May, I'm just trying to get hold of the priest across the road, very convenient location and nice and small church (I haven't even looked inside yet!!). When are you getting married? The function room is amazing seedee! I love the brick walls and it is so spacious. I'm looking at about 150 guests also so the space is great. Thanks for the feedback mkb, the owner is so nice! they said they can't do a choice for the main meal but if we let them know in advance if certain people don't eat red meat, they can do something for them. What did you do about wine? corkage or pay per bottle? I suppose I have time to iron all the little things out!