Nursing Bra's?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mischa09 Posts: 1068
Hi Are these essential? if so where can i buy them asnd how many will i need? M
SaJa Posts: 4282
If you intend on bf'ing then yes. I had 3 but wish I had got 1 or 2 more as I was constantly leaking (even when using the pads) and spent my time trying to wash and dry them every day. I got grand plain ones in M&S, I think about €39 for 2. I wore them for a couple of weeks before I gave birth.
i want one Posts: 2893
Hiya, You can get them in tk maxx and in debenhams. I saw them in tk maxx the other day for about 12 euro when i was picking up a maternity bra. which i might add was very good value coz i seen it in the bravissimo catalog too the exact one! the also do nursing bras in that catalog too. Hope this helps.
oohbaby Posts: 164
yep, i got a couple in debenhams and couple from bravissimo online think the debenhams ones are comfier though also have a couple from M&S (they were pretty cheep) but think might have grown out of them already with the ribs expanding! :eek so i guess i have 6 and hoping thats more than enough think the ones in debenhams were on sale too
ellee Posts: 666
I bought three all online, two v sensible and one a bit prettier (Elle McPherson La Mere). Felt three was enough before baby comes as you don't really know how big you'll be once the milk comes in... :eek
Thanks girls, might go get ones in a bigger size. Dont want them being too tight! I hear the poor boobies will be bad enough without a tight bra on too :ooh
mummytime Posts: 3149
i found the m&s ones rubbish but they are fine for the first couple of weeks. I went into arnotts and got fitted when ds was about 3 weeks. I emerged like a new woman. Proper fitting bras are even more important than usual when your boobs are on the large side!
ok excuse my total ignorance here! but what exactly is the difference between a nursing bra and a maternity bra?
mummytime Posts: 3149
[quote="mischa09":12l5abpn]ok excuse my total ignorance here! but what exactly is the difference between a nursing bra and a maternity bra?[/quote:12l5abpn] nursing bras are for breastfeeding
Cool that's what i thought ! just that someone said they were wearing them before baby arrived so got confused!