Nuts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi, i have been told by my GP to avoid nuts altogether. Im really missing them, more than alcohol or anything, im craving them every day. Did your GP's tell you the same thing?
Idina Posts: 1289
According to the book I got in the hospital yesterday you only have to avaiod them if there is a family history of nut allergy sayign that I'm not a doctor and maybe you should ring your gynae?
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
My GP actually told me they were fine to eat, but I know alot of girls gp's told them not to eat them so have had them once or twice. There are no nut allergies on either family side. lucy
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Not a word was said to me about anything to avoid come to think of it...its only peanuts anyway I think,believe it or not nut traces are in most of the things you eat anyway
charli Posts: 5994
i also thought once neither families have a history of allergies you can eat them in moedration i love them too but kinda restrict how often i have them
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
My mam was told it was ok to eat them when she was having me. She craved peanuts and maxi twist ice cream. Don't know if it's a coincidence but I have asthma, hayfever and excema (sp). I'm avoiding nuts just in case. Don't want my little fella to have a nut allergy or asthma.
[quote="Rocket Queen":esc8mq8i]My mam was told it was ok to eat them when she was having me. She craved peanuts and maxi twist ice cream. Don't know if it's a coincidence but I have asthma, hayfever and excema (sp). I'm avoiding nuts just in case. Don't want my little fella to have a nut allergy or asthma.[/quote:esc8mq8i] Can they cause asthma??? i thought it was just a nut allergy. :eek There are no nut allergies on either side but my nephew has ezcema and possible asthma. I love the Planters salt and vinegar nuts in the crispy coating (like hot nuts but cold), maybe i could just eat the coating, like MD said there are nut traces in most everything.
mammybean Posts: 10364
it is just peanuts as far as i am aware. dic told my fsil recently that hayfever asthma and exema are all in a traingle and if you have one you will most likely have all 3. i know i have all 3
Cowslip Posts: 761
I heard to avoid peanuts if you have any allergies in your family. We don't have any allergies but I haven't been eating peanuts anyway, but I do eat brazil nuts and walnuts, they are packed with omega3 and other good stuff ! So I don't think there is a need to avoid nuts altogether....
Beanies, thats mad that makes sense now, my nephew has ezcema, hayfever and asthma, only got the hayfever in last few weeks. LL - i might avoid the peanuts, but i love brazil nuts, walnuts, almonds, etc.