NVS: Nausea and vomiting sickness

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Skippy Posts: 1834
Hi Ladies, I thought I would let you know about a new term I read in a magazine over here (Aus) for MS. As we well know the MS is not just for the mornings its forever, or so it seems. Anyway this magazine is calling it NVS as it better describes the misery and torture that the early weeks can be for some of us. I for one was shocked at how bad I felt. I was not expecting it at all. In fairness I have heard of people, my MIL friends daughter for instance, who had to be hospitalised on her first and second (and last, she had her tubes tied before she left hospital after the 2nd one) child and lost stones, she had to be fed through a drip as she could not eat any solid food. So really I did not have it as bad as some women but what I had drove me to tears on at least 3 occasions. Thankfully I did not look for work when we moved to the country in August, as there is no way I would have been able to hold down a full time job. As it was I had constant nausea for 3 1/2 weeks in a row where I could even bear the smell of scented candles in our sitting room, or scented TT or bin liners! As I said before I lost 5 pounds since December. But am I the only one? I don't see many people complain of it on this site. Am I a wimp and a real princess? I think I am turning a corner, I certainly don't feel nauseaeous all the time now but I can't exactly say I have an appetite either. And I haven't thrown up in nearly 5 days now so Please God Please Let me be getting better!! Ah feel better now after that little moan. :o0 :o0
Skippy Posts: 1834
Ok here is the upside to NVS/MS. It means your preg hormones are good and strong. It is a positive sign that all is well. When it stops your head is wrecked until you get a scan or get to hear the heart on a doppler machine. MS is not all that bad. Have to stop complaining.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Ohhh Skippy, I didn't reply to your first post, cause I have no MS at all - so far in any case - don't know if it'll come yet. My Mum said she had absolutely none either for us so maybe it's heriditary... I'm not complaining in any case, it must be very hard. Hope you're feeling better. xxxx
grumpy Posts: 1280
I lost about 6lb with MS myself, but mostly because the thoughts of the food made me queasy briefly rather than naseous (sp :-8) and I never actually threw up. I also lost a lot of my appetite and didn't even feel hungry most of the time. Not sure if it was "better" this time than on dd or not - with her I'd puke once, every morning, and that was the extent of it.
bellabella Posts: 2750
Skippy my morning sickness starts at 8pm lasts till about 1 am then i fall asleep till 4 am and then i get up,This started at 5 weeks and still going stong.But i wouldn't change it for the world i know how lucky i am. I hope you feel better soon.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
God Bella you must be knackered, why do you have to get up so early? I feel blergh today actually, so maybe I'm not escaping it afterall.
sunflowers26/09/07 Posts: 512
Hey, I had my first baby 6 months ago, from about 5 weeks into my pregnancy I suffered severe MS, vomited every day sometimes it would ast 3 days straight and I would have to go into hopsital for fluids. It lasted every day until I had my baby girl. However I knew it would be like that as both my mum and sister suffered badly and both had baby girls. Lost about a stone and a half, lived on toast and rice krispies. Good luck to anyone with MS but if I could bear it for 9months anyone can, at the end I had a wonderful little girl.