observation.....prob paranoid!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

anoncomment Posts: 3
Hey, I wanted to go anon on this as I will prob sound like a paranoid cow and be realy mortified next week when I think of it but....... ......this has been kinda on my mind now and again. I'm a mammy to be and on our month thread, I kinda get the impression one of the wollies never replies to me posts/comment I often direct at her. I know I'm probably being totally paranoid and I should just get over it. I have replied specifically to alot of the lady's comment etc and I never get a respone/acknowledgment back, ever. If the wollie in question logs back on after being off for say 1/2 days, I will never get a mention/comment , while she comments on how everyone else is doing and asks specific questions etc. I'm a regular poster on the thread. It's not like I'm a once-a-two-weeker poster, I'm on almost every day. Is it something I said???? Ok I know I'm prob being way too over sensitive here and it's prob my hormones, I just don't like being (what it feels like to me) ignored! Sad cow rant over :-8
only deadly Posts: 491
Ah pet you poor thing !! I cant speak for the other mammy but I would say you are been a bit hormonal ...and I think pregnancy makes us paranoid as wel I was convinced that work were been mean to me cause I was pregnant but I was just been paranoid :-8 Would you maybe PM her or maybe ask a direct question to her and really see if she ignores that I would say she has no idea she doing it and If your on mine and its me I apologise :eek but I think I answer everyone Hope you feel better soon and it gets resolved for ya :thnk
Belinda Posts: 142
Oh pet you're not a sad cow at all. I am sure they are not deliberately ignoring your posts, they probably don't even realise they have not responded. I can only speak for myself but I personally find it difficult to reply to every conversation started on our months thread and have probably been guilty of not replying to comments directed at me also. There are plenty of mums to be logging in to each thread so don't feel like you are being excluded and if you find you just can't seem to get a response from a particular wolly don't stress, I am sure there are plenty more ladies to offer advice and conversation. Hormones during pregnancy can also make us feel a bit touchy - when I was pregnant with ds my poor husband couldn't open his mouth without me thinking he was picking on me. Cheer up pet, there are plenty of us wollies here if you need us :wv
lmc1978 Posts: 423
Hi Anoncomment, I would say that (hopefully) its the hormones. The slightest thing can set me off this week. I cant even listen to the radio cos I cry at nearly every song! I will cheer you up.... I went to the post office on my lunch to collect a parcel that had been delivered and the door was closed so I rang the bell a couple of times as there was no sign up saying closed for lunch or anything. A man came running out to the front door and I said 'oh sorry, are you closed for lunch', he goes... 'I was trying to use the F-ing toilet', grabs the docket out of my hand and comes back a few mins later and throws the parcel at me!!!! I tried to say 'sorry i didnt realise you were on your own' but he slammed the door in my face!!! now I had a lump in my throat and was welling up as I was driving away but in the end i just had to laugh.... I hope he gets a dose of the runs!!!! :o0
Oh my god Belinda your so right my poor hubby just when you say it I think that my husband hasnt been as nice to me as he normally is Yesterday I went mental cause he made our son and himself Pizza and not me and I dont even like pizza I was crying my eyes out :o0 :o0 Oh the joys of been pregnant
honey 2 Posts: 244
over here for a quick look from mums & kids. maybe this is happening but its definitely the hormones that make you so much more sensitive to everything! you poor thing, hormones are such a crazy thing, you'll even feel bit sensitive after baby arrives and they still run riot for while after that, especially if you are going to breastfeed (I think so anyway) i even get upset with myself if I'm only able to express 4 oz milk today and yesterday i got 6 oz!! silly little things! Just wait til your little babs arrives and it'll all have been so worth it, best of luck
anoncomment Posts: 3
hey ladies, you all make total sense!! I think I'm reading too much into it and being overly sensitive. Sure DH looks at me sideways and I accuse him of being mean! So I reckon it's just the hormones kicking in. Even when I was a kid, I hated not being included in things, stems from that I think. The lady in question prob doesn't even realise nor mean to not reply to me posts. I'll get over it.
[quote="lmc1978":2x34tl78]Hi Anoncomment, I would say that (hopefully) its the hormones. The slightest thing can set me off this week. I cant even listen to the radio cos I cry at nearly every song! I will cheer you up.... I went to the post office on my lunch to collect a parcel that had been delivered and the door was closed so I rang the bell a couple of times as there was no sign up saying closed for lunch or anything. A man came running out to the front door and I said 'oh sorry, are you closed for lunch', he goes... 'I was trying to use the F-ing toilet', grabs the docket out of my hand and comes back a few mins later and throws the parcel at me!!!! I tried to say 'sorry i didnt realise you were on your own' but he slammed the door in my face!!! now I had a lump in my throat and was welling up as I was driving away but in the end i just had to laugh.... I hope he gets a dose of the runs!!!! :o0[/quote:2x34tl78] THAT IS HILARIOUS :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I'm sure she is not doing it on purpose. Come to think of it I probably don't respond to everyone either, I'm putting it down to pregnancy brain and forgettng posts between reading them and posting new ones. I'll be better from now on just in case another wolly feels left out :xxx
lmc1978 Posts: 423
You poor thing. Try not to worry about it. I bet you anything the lady in question is obsessing about something herself and doesnt even realise the effect she is having on you. More often than not people don't go out of the way to be mean. Its just our crazy hormones making us all paranoid that the world is out to get us!