Odour down below!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Maternal Posts: 268
Hi This is an odd topic but has any of you noticed a not very pleasant odour and a yellowy discharge since becoming pregnant :-8 . I have been having this for a few weeks and think I will mention it to the nurse – I sometimes feel it is a really strong odour but Hubby hasn’t mentioned it…is this common?
poppie Posts: 57
Mrs Maternal, I think this is totally normal. There is a stronger odour from pee etc.. and the discharge is (to my knowledge - having experience of it meself!)normal. If you're worried mention it to your doc, but I wouldn't worry unless you think you may have an infection. HTH
Ducky Posts: 2506
Smell is perfectly normal, due to increase in hormones and your sense of smell is heightened but I would say it to GP as discharge is usually white/clear.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Yes me too. I always have quite a bit of discharge anyhow, always wear panty liners, but have noticed stronger smell and constant discharge. Haven't said anything to my Dr though, thought it was normal? Might say it at my hospital visit next week.
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Yep this is normal - read it in one of my pregnancy books. Your body is creating extra stuff to protect the nether region!
Ducky Posts: 2506
Oh God, increase in discharge is absolutely normal...once it's pale in colour. If I could have one thing about my pregnancy that I would not ever go through again, it's been the amount of discharge constantly...TMI I know but it gets worse and worse. I can only wear liners for an hour now, am onto regular pads O:| Even the hospital said I had abnormally high levels of it...they thought my waters had gone :o0
EVIE78 Posts: 687
Yeah this is normal had it on my 2 pregnancy.