Off the Rails -

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bijou Posts: 1154
anyone else not like the girl on it and hate the outfits on the make over? I think they are crap and sometime make the girls look older. Now the hair and makeup and the figures they find are brilliant, but seriously, some of the outfits are rank! And I really dilike her (presenting) - not that I know her, but she's not coming accross nice to me on the TV - sorry if anyone knows her!
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Is Mouth Almighty Caroline Morahan still presenting it? I can't stand her either. But I think that whole show is so badly produced. I remember watching it once and they were showing people how to wash their hair (!). They had this guy washing someone's hair and just as he says "This much shampoo is just enough, you don't need any more" and holds out his hand with the shampoo in it, the camera cuts to Caroline nodding and grinning away at him so you couldn't actually see the shampoo and benefit from the advice the guy was giving! Thrown together! One of my neighbours was the subject of one of the makeovers a few years ago - it was atrocious. They made her look like Esther Rantzen!
Towniegirl Posts: 881
Caroline Morohan isn't presenting it anymore. Its the new one called Sonya Lennon she is doing it since last year, I can't stand her, can't bear to watch her presenting. I think she is useless and she looks sneaky. Brendan Courtney is also presenting it he is only ok but defintely better than her IMO. Much preferred it when Caroline and Pamela Flood were doing it. They were much better. I find that the programme really flies and theres is a break before you know it and its over before you know it. They go through stuff that is tried and tested way too fast that you can't get the name of the product or where you can buy it.
[quote:1zra6dp2]Much preferred it when Caroline and Pamela Flood were doing it. They were much better. I find that the programme really flies and theres is a break before you know it and its over before you know it. They go through stuff that is tried and tested way too fast that you can't get the name of the product or where you can buy it. [/quote:1zra6dp2] I feel the same. Caroline was a bit mouthy, but she at least had a fashion sense! Why are all Irish programmes so rushed? And have you ever noticed that they never give the name of the bra and knickers that they have on but always tell you what clothes, makeup and accessories??? Does my head in!
aston Posts: 4100
Could have written the post you put up bijou!!!! She wrecks my head O:| O:| My sister thinks she is great which I really do not understand :eek When she does the makeovers she tries to make all the girls look like her..... everytime she does a makeover they come out with dark tights on and a dress that she would have worn... wrecks my head! Way preferred Caroline and Pamela. They were stylish at least! You could look at them and enjoy the show! She just is terrible! O:|
delighted Posts: 258
[quote="Aston":5why33ts]Could have written the post you put up bijou!!!! She wrecks my head O:| O:| My sister thinks she is great which I really do not understand :eek [b:5why33ts]When she does the makeovers she tries to make all the girls look like her..... everytime she does a makeover they come out with dark tights on and a dress that she would have worn... wrecks my head! [/b:5why33ts] Way preferred Caroline and Pamela. They were stylish at least! You could look at them and enjoy the show! She just is terrible! O:|[/quote:5why33ts] I could have written that myself, the clothes are AWFUL!! Not everyone wants to be a clone of Sonya...no offence to her or anyone that knows her
Missed the end of the makeover, how did she look last night? The kids go to bed round that time and I didn't see the result! O:| Wish they would do some more affoardable clothes. I don't have a BT's account but would still like to look stylish, thats why I watch, but I've yet to say ' wow, would love that outfit'! and the price of it!!!! :eek ....although, the shoes are usually fab!! :lvs
aston Posts: 4100
The makeover done last night I thought was very good. The girl that Brendan gave a hand to turned out really well. Her hair colour really suited her and her makeup etc. Think she looked very pretty when they had finished with her! You should watch it on the rte website and you could see the end there bijou!
Towniegirl Posts: 881
The girl that Brendan did makeover on last night was so pretty at the end, her clothes were fab and really did wonders for her curves. Its amazing how the right clothes to suit your shape makes a big difference, which alot of people make the mistake of. I much prefer Brendan dressing them too than Sonya, he goes more for the shape and what suits them not what he likes. Like you said Bijou it would be nice if they did more high street clothes than Brown Thomas or Arnotts. The shoes they had on last night are all really fab!!
mrspants Posts: 4652
God i find them both pretty woeful. Brendan Courtney's solution to everyone's body shape issues is pencil skirts and fukn belts!! Sonya is noce but she is not stylish and is kinda embarrassing with her lack of knowledge. Most of the makeovers are brutal, they all end up looking older. Missed it last night but have it on Sky plus. Like the tried and tested section but they fly through it.