Offering a Meal choice?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dragonbride Posts: 447
Hi Ladies! I am just wondering are people offering a meal choice at their weddings? And what would you think if you were not given a choice? THanks!!! O:o)
czar1 Posts: 80
Our package includes a choice for main meals, so we're going to stay with that choice. If we find some savings elsewhere, we might alternate the starter, but we're not too fussed about it. It's a little different here as Australia automatically alternates the servings at no extra cost ... but hey, when in Rome ... I mean Ireland :)
Layla20 Posts: 1089
We are offering a choice on all the courses but got a great deal with the hotel. If you could at all afford it I would try and offer a choice for main course or have a silent option? Having said that I was talking to my friend about her wedding and she passed a comment that they hadn't offered any choice and I honestly don't even remember thinking about it or noticing on the day.
MrsTwit Posts: 842
There was a choice of mains in our package and we have negotiated the hotel to also give us a choice of starter also.
joker Posts: 2789
If our hotel charges there wont be a choice. I dont see the sense in offering people Beef or Salmon and to say that costing an extra €900Euro! If the hotel gives it for free when im up negotiating ill see!
nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
our hotel is not offering a choice and it would prob work out about €550 for it so i'm probably not going to offer it!! I'm hoping its ok on the day. redundancy is looming for H2B and i've had 3 1/2 months off between a broken wrist and a car accident that messed up my shoulder so i'm not too great on the saving. if i can save the 550 then i prob will and hope for the best.... :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8 :-8
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
we r having a choice of main/. Its only 50c. We r having turkey or beef. If it wasnt so cheap i wouldnt be having it
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
ours has a choice in the package.. if not, would probs have a choice if not TOO expensive as a lot of people dont eat one meat
clairem1 Posts: 24
we are also having a choice on starter and main, but the compromise was to send out menu with rsvp and get people to pre order that way we avoided a nasty charge for no good reason!!
wifey2010 Posts: 58
Were havin a choice of 3, fillet steak, Seabass or chicken. Food is quite an important part IMO.