Oh cr*p! : (

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
I work along the Liffey, and as you can imagine, there's a lot of activity going on because of the Queen arriving. We've a clear view of the river, a Gardai boat was going up and down the river.....right outside our building, they're after pulling a body out of the Liffey! :ooh :o( Typically, a load of Curious Georges went out once they saw the activity. A colleauge saw it first, thinking it was just a black bag, but after asking the Gardai, they confirmed it was a body RIP. I hope it's someone that they've been looking for, so then the family will have closure and can grieve properly - but if it's someone else...... So sad.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
oh god, thats terrible, hopefully it will be closure for some family somewhere tho :o(
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
Oh that's so awful :o( :o( :o( :o(
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
RIP... I hope it can bring some closure and peace to their loved ones if they were a missing person. How awful though if it was an accident or something and the death is the 1st the family hear of anything even being amiss.
buddylove Posts: 3288
oh my God..Thats awful! Were they not even looking for it?? some family is getting the worst news ever today.. And hopefully it will give them some comfort that at least they have closure. God how the hell can someone do that to another human being! :o(
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
WWW - where along the Liffey are you? Are you in the city centre? What an awful thing to happen, someone is getting awful news today. Terrible.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
[quote="Smileykaz":9aic08oh]WWW - where along the Liffey are you? Are you in the city centre? What an awful thing to happen, someone is getting awful news today. Terrible.[/quote:9aic08oh] We're near the Samuel Beckett Bridge, opposite the Convention Centre, it happend directly outside our doors.
Jawl Posts: 8881
How sad, and as Kaz said, some family are going to get the worst possible news today. I witnessed it myself many years ago leaving the office (we worked on a quay) to get milk. It will live in my head forever.
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Oh god thats awful, May they rip
Kittyboo Posts: 1591
No way!!! Thats terrible news. :ooh May the person rest in peace.