OH doesn't want a Videogapher. Anyone with this problem?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Terrylee Posts: 127
Hey Wollies :wv just wondering if any of you experiencing the same problem. My OH love him dearly and I can see where he is coming from. :lvs All of my married friends say i'd regret if we didn't have a Videographer! I don't want to look back at our wedding and regret anything. :ooh But i'm sure there is always something regretted. He's problem isn't the cost. He says he doesn't want to pay someone to make him feel uncomfortable for the day with a camera in his face! I must inform you that my OH is very very shy, but once you know him he is very witty! :lvs Has anyone else had this problem!! Thanks for sharing any of your experiences X :thnk
jeanniejampots Posts: 378
MY OH was the same but friends and family convinced him that he would like to be able to show his own kids in the future. We went with Richard Gill as a friend had him and said he was very unobtrusive so he was ok with that. :xox
Twinkle toe Posts: 1025
I'm having the same problems :o( Can't offer any help but am in the same boat.....
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Normally if DH was set against something i wouldn't force him but in this case i would say do whatever it atkes! Having a videographer was one of the best decisions we made, i love our dvd and would have regretted it so much if we didn't have one. Viedographers these days are not in your face and if you do a bit of research i'm sure you'll find one to suit you. You can also explain to them that your DH is a bit unsure about it so they'll give him a bit of space, alot of the focus of the dvd is on the bride's preparations and then the whole wedding party, there's not as much focus on the groom on his own so this might reassure him. Bottom line - do whatever it takes to convince him and if there's something he really wants that you're not sure of agree to it!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We didn't have a videographer - neither of us wanted one - and despite what some people say we didn't regret it for one minute! We invested the money into our photographer who stayed until after the first dance so everything that would have been captured by a videographer was captured by the photographer!
peonybaby Posts: 299
We picked a videographer over a professional photographer, at the moment we have a friend signed up to do our pictures but we might change our mind on that but we are definitely going with the video. When we were visitng friends after their wedding they got so excited when they found out we had a short video of her walking up the aisle. Noone else had this so thats what made up our minds when it came to our own wedding, we really didnt want to miss out. We have booked smartvideo.ie, their website is great.
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
I was at a wedding a week or two ago where the videographer was a bit 'in your face', which I thought was a thing of the past. I won't name them (PM me if you want to know), but I will mention who we had at our wedding- Rory from DC Media. I can genuinely say I hardly noticed him all day, he was down the back of the room for the ceremony and for the speeches, not creeping around the altar trying to be unobtrusive like the other fella was. I love having a video. I definitely think the photos are more important, but I know I'll be so glad to always have the video in years to come. I would have LOVED to see a video of my parents' wedding, so I hope some day to be able to show ours to our kids. And it's great to fully capture the speeches, which a photographer can't do. Grant it, I had to skip that part of the DVD cos I was too embarrassed to watch the speeches again, but I'm sure I'll watch it in years to come, and relations who weren't at the wedding loved seeing the speeches.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
[quote="whoop whoop":2x9gsiej]Grant it, I had to skip that part of the DVD cos I was too embarrassed to watch the speeches again[/quote:2x9gsiej] I still can't watch our best man's speech, he's a lovely guy but public speaking wouldn't be his forte, he told a story about DH that DH says was totally made up and finished the speech with 'let's get drinking!', i watched it once but i have to leave the room whenever we show someone the dvd! :-8
queen30 Posts: 1551
maybe a compromise by just having video of ceremony? thats what we are doing. didnt fancy loads of footage of people drunk on the dancefloor so just went for the ceremony and then hopefully will capture everyone coming out the church and everything.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
my H2B was the same.. definitely didnt want a videographer but like jeanniejampots friends and family helped changed his mind.. and we got one that we know wouldnt be intrusive on day