Oh god - now what??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Maggy Posts: 261
Last tuesday I got the news I'm at risk of redundancy. It's not looking hopeful at all. Me and oh are renovating a house. We have a rough idea of how we're doing budget wise and we really can't afford for something to go wrong. OH used to work for a builder so he asked him to have a look today. I said to OH last night I don't want to know if he says something is wrong. Just called OH there and asked him what the builder had said and he told me hed tell me tonight. It's not good news in other words or he would have just said it. What the hell is going to happen next Tuesday????!
sugarkk Posts: 1384
Oh god love you, I hope it isn't as bad as your imagining. Worse case scenario you'll have to relook at your budget and maybe keep a tighter rein on things. Hope it isn't half as bad as you think re the job too - but you'll get through it, I swear. We've been managing on the one salary for a while now and it is possible. Hope you get some peace of mind soon.
I just don't see what can be wrong cause all that's left is the exterior Walls!! OH has been out of work 2 years (carpenter) so has gone back to college to retrain so we'll be down to the bare bones. Could cry.
SilverGirl Posts: 1517
Ah you poor thing. Fingers crossed it isnt as bad as you think.
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
You poor thing :action32 Hope that it's not too bad :action32
maltabride2011 Posts: 987
[quote="FlexyDee":1s79q9b0]You poor thing :action32 Hope that it's not too bad :action32[/quote:1s79q9b0] +1, how awful for you, you really have had an awful few Tuesdays. Hope the news wasn't as bad as you thought when you got home. :action32
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
Oh you poor thing, not a nice day for you. Hope things wont be too bad :xox
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="Maggy":2u32v9rl]I just don't see what can be wrong cause all that's left is the exterior Walls!! OH has been out of work 2 years (carpenter) so has gone back to college to retrain so we'll be down to the bare bones. Could cry.[/quote:2u32v9rl] Maybe damp? inadequent foundations? radon barrier? problems with the subsoil? Sorry, but these could be possible things, but totally fixable and shouldnt cost the earth. Maybe your OH couldn't talk or was busy when you called and there is nothing to worry about!!!
Tunes Posts: 186
How did ya get on Maggy? Let us know. Hopefully it wasnt bad news!!
Thanks for all the good wishes girls. Thet obviously worked cause it turns out all is fine. :o)ll OH couldn't take the extra 10 seconds it would have taken to tell me that in the phone call. Could have killed him for letting me worry but was too relieved there was nothing wrong! O:|