Oh God what does this mean??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I'm only 4.5wks preg and this evening I've noticed some pinkish/brownish discharge - kinda like CM. Never had it on DD so I'm really scared and I don't know what it means. Don't have a gp appointment until Tue week. If I did another preg test would it come up negative if I was miscarrying?? Any answers would be very grateful. :thnk :thnk
under construction Posts: 3458
Alot of people get this and it can just be old blood (from previous AF), as far as i know they say once its not bright red and accompained by pains try not to worry
Thank UC. I've read and replied to so many posts like this, I never fully understood how frightening it is - even though I had a m/c years ago. I'm extra paranoid because DD won't stay still for a minute and is constantly climbing all over me, digging her feet into my abs.
mama2E Posts: 670
RQ - firstly try not to worry! I know its easier said than done. Pinkish brown discharge is totally common (I had it around 6 wks). As far as I know if fresh blood that indicates a miscarriage. I'd do a test just to be sure to be sure or visit GP! Anything to make you feel better. Take care of you! :thnk
bananaboat Posts: 18
This is possibly implantation bleed too. I asked my doctor about it and she said it was normal and expected tbh. Don't worry
Sphynx Posts: 6795
RQ it does sound like an implantation bleed and it's usually bright red blood you need to watch out for. If you have any more blood or are worried, give your GP a bell. Hope all's well there. :xxx
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
RQ I had this at 10 weeks and I understand how scared you are Everything was ok and the doc said it may also have been old blood.
Girls thank you for the replies. I was really exhausted last night so I went to bed early and had a good sleep. I've no pains/cramps and the discharge has stopped for the moment. Hopefully I was panicking over nothing. I thought about it being a implantation bleed but surely it way too late for that, I thought it happened 7 days after ov? Anyway I'm going to try not to panic anymore today. Thanks again :thnk
Barbalou Posts: 1617
Try not to worry I bleed heavily up to 17 weeks. Ending up in Emergency a few times cos it got so heavy. I know it can be frightening but sometimes it just happens.
TheBigDay Posts: 651
Hi RQ, I am so sorry to read your post. I hope it turns out ok for you. Before I had ds I had a mc. Then when I was pregnant with ds I also had brown discharge for a few days then red discharge for a few days then brown again then nothing, everything turned out just fine and I have my beautiful little boy now. Those few days were torture, and although it is hard try not to worry too much. It is actually very common and I am sure everything will turn out just fine for you. Take care xox