Oh my god It's positive

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

silver bullet Posts: 176
Hi ladies, I'm in a bit of shock here. I'm 6 days overdue I had a test at home which i did this morning before work came out positive but the tests best before date is April so I went and got a digital one at lunch time to make it clearer for myself no confusion positive again. So looks like i'm 2-3 weeks Pregnant :eek We have been trying for a while but its still a bit of a shock its actually real now.
steen Posts: 1335
Fantastic news for you both :o)ll Such a lovely time, its really exciting and just as scary but enjoy every second of it :o)ll :o)ll
cmor Posts: 638
Congratulations! :o)ll
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
CONGRATS Silver bullet! You must be delighted. :o)ll
Emme Posts: 4735
Congrats!! :o)ll
angel3 Posts: 1572
Congrats! :thnk
Thanks everyone. DH works away during the week but he's coming home this evening so i can tell him in person wouldn't feel right telling him over the phone. So next stop is the docs office to confirm for definate. Only thing is I have a few occassions coming up I need excuses as to why I won't be drinking. I'll obviously be telling family and close friends very soon don't think i'll be able to keep quiet for the three months but don't want to tell everyone just yet any ideas what excuse I can use??
Emme Posts: 4735
I told people that I was mouldy from the night before and couldn't face a drink. I started with getting a bottle of beer and nursing it for a while and saying I just couldn't handle it. Nobody copped, they were raging afterwards and said if I had said antibiotics they would have copped. Also, if you do have to have an alcoholic drink in front of you ask for a glass of ice, that way whatever you do have to sip will be well diluted and it looks like you're drinking more! How are you going to tell DH?
Hi Emme, I actually have a hen to go to this weekend and i've been looking forward to it for ages a little disappointed about that but at least I won't have a hangover suppose thats a plus. DH prob has an idea I told him i wanted to do a test because of having the hen the weekend so I can be thinking of what excuse I'm going to give the girls. I'm still in shock though so much to think of now its a little scary.
originalwoowoo Posts: 867
Congrats - I also got my BFP this weekend and although delighted am still a bit shocked. :stork: The hangover one works best with me - as they can believe it. As this is No 2 I can also use DS as an excuse not to drink!!