oh my god so freaked out

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

twinbambinos Posts: 3492
I was in the house on my own last night as h2b was gone away for the night, I was watching tele but stupidly forgot to close the curtains( I know its stupid but I am always forgetting to do this) anyway this group of young lads in the early 20's passed up and stopped and stared in the window then walked off, they came back again and stopped outside the house and I got up and closed the curtains...they were outside the house for about half an hour after that..but this morning when I got up when h2b came home the window in the kitchen looks like someone tried to force it open as there is marks on the outside and it is slightly buckled :ooh :ooh I actually feel sick what would I have done if they had of gotten in ??? Do ya reckon they were trying to get in at me or in to rob the house?? H2b doesn't understand why I didn't ring the guards when they were hanging aroud but I though that considering I was in the house on my own that if I rang the guards that they would know it was me and break a window or something..I should have rang them..I am soooo freaked out thats me done with staying in the house on my own ever again :o( :o( Feel sick I am so freaked out :o(
happybride2be Posts: 380
YOu poor thing... Thank God they didnt get in, that is the main thing... maybe you should ring the guards and tell them to be on the look out around your area.. I would be the same if h2b is away I always like somebody staying over with me, my poor sis usually gets roped in, or else if nobody can come I put my son in the bed with me, I know an 8 year old wouldnt protect me, but it makes me feel I am not alone.,... maybe next time you could have somebody over.. Just keep thinking that they didnt get in, try not think what would have happened.. it will only drive you mad.. :xox
honeybunch Posts: 1218
Sounds scary. I'd be fairly good for being on my own at night but like you, it might not be a good thing, I'v even left the door unlocked! I do think its time for you to get an alarm though. I'd make sure to have the local guards number too just incase, at least you are then prepared and can hopefully relax a bit.
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
If you got an Eircom wireless phonewatch alarm, then you can get a fob that you can carry around the house with you. On this fob is four buttons and two of them are for the Gardai and the Firebrigade, and if you press them, the Gardai are alerted. There is a huge piece of mind attached to it. I keep it by my bed. If I'm going upstairs even for a shower, and I'm home alone, I'll just click on the alarm from upstairs, just in case, its very comforting.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
I live on the top floor of a block of apartments so never need to worry about something like that happening.
Sassy Sally Posts: 306
Hi jan09bride, You poor thing, sounds like you've had an awful fright. I spend every third weekend on my own in the house as H2B goes down the country. I have a little 'peace of mind' routine - once it starts getting a little dark, I go around the house, close all curtains, turn inside lights on, check doors and windows are locked, lock the front door and turn on the alarm. It sounds like a lot, but it takes all of 5 mins, when I have this done I feel much more secure and at ease. Make sure you always have your mobile with you and if you are ever worried again, ring someone, if not the Guards then someone who could pop over to the house and check things out. Sassy :wv
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Putting acid on the outside window handles might also help.
* brangelina Posts: 134
That eircom alarm muffin mentioned sounds really good. You poor thing, I don't blame you for being freaked over it. Try not to think about it too much as it was most probably a one off & they prob won't come back now they didn't actually manage get in. I would phone the guards thought & tell them as maybe they could fingerprint it. :wv
crazysexycool Posts: 551
my god, thats awful, you poor thing, hope your ok, what a terrible fright to get hun. Hope you're ok
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[quote="*Muffin*":1d99ld6v]If you got an Eircom wireless phonewatch alarm, then you can get a fob that you can carry around the house with you. On this fob is four buttons and two of them are for the Gardai and the Firebrigade, and if you press them, the Gardai are alerted. There is a huge piece of mind attached to it. I keep it by my bed. If I'm going upstairs even for a shower, and I'm home alone, I'll just click on the alarm from upstairs, just in case, its very comforting.[/quote:1d99ld6v] OOh we have Eircom must look into this