Oh oh - Im not ready for another one!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

soulful Posts: 1697
I have 2 children had my daughter ruby last july she was 5 weeks early and it was a pretty problematic pregnancy as I had chronic morning sickness and had heavy bleeding for 4 and a half months due to a low lying placenta. Anyway it was so worth it! I am extremely fertile and have to be real careful. Im not on contraception and normally use the withdrawl method but on the 20th November we dtd and he took a bit too long pulling out and now my af is 4 days late! It was due on the 28th November and the last one was the 28th October. Im wondering is it late cos of stress just found out my dad has prostate cancer advanced and maybe its the worry of that but Im not sure. Just had to write it down here anyway to try make sense of it, its in the back of my mind the past couple of days. My body is still in baby mode, I havent gotten my figure back at all I was a size 10 and now Im more 12-14. If I am pregnant then the baby will be due exactly one year after ruby was due and she was due the 3rd of august but came on the 1st of july. Sorry for the rant
marleymoo Posts: 503
O astrogirl the only thing I can say pet is test! You'll put yourself out of misery and know one way or the other. Best of luck xxxxxxxx
redwifey Posts: 2932
It may be too late now but if you were not ready for another one and you know you are extremely fertile why did you not get yourself sorted with contraception??? Best of luck, you might be as well off to take a test and at least you'd know then. Your AF could very well be delayed because of your bad news at the moment but at least you'd know either way by taking the test. Hope all goes ok with your dad.
rosiemama Posts: 3363
sorry to hear about your dad, it could be the worry of that has just delayed AF for you but you won't know for sure until you test. just wanted to wish you luck x
happyfamily Posts: 3323
You might just be late because of stress. And if you do get AF and you don't want to get pregnant you should have a chat with your gP. The withdrawal method wouldn't be reccommended by anybody-it's no reliable at all. The contraceptive injection/pill/coil all give predictable contraceptive cover. Condoms would be waaaay better even.
candypants Posts: 8575
Test!!! Either way you need to know the result. And if it is a BFN chances are af is delayed due to stress, and worrying about this on top of it all will delay them further. Sorry to hear about your dad :o( Hope your ok and keep us posted, will be thinking of you :xxx
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
Hey astrogirl, My sympthies hun, I know exactly how you feel. I was 10 days late and had myself convinced that I was preggers up until 2 days ago. I posted on here about freaking out over it a bit, but I took the girls advice and did the test. It came back negative, and 2 days later, I get AF! the thing is we are using protection and I was on the mini pill, but was changing back to my normal one, but didn't have my perscription on time to take it, so I said I'd leave it till next month IYKWIM - anyway, I did the test to put my mind at ease, and its like once my head knew I wasn't my AF came back. Do a test hun! hope you are ok sue
soulful Posts: 1697
[quote="Psycho Sue":22rlauro]Hey astrogirl, My sympthies hun, I know exactly how you feel. I was 10 days late and had myself convinced that I was preggers up until 2 days ago. I posted on here about freaking out over it a bit, but I took the girls advice and did the test. It came back negative, and 2 days later, I get AF! the thing is we are using protection and I was on the mini pill, but was changing back to my normal one, but didn't have my perscription on time to take it, so I said I'd leave it till next month IYKWIM - anyway, I did the test to put my mind at ease, and its like once my head knew I wasn't my AF came back. Do a test hun! hope you are ok sue[/quote:22rlauro] YAY :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Af just arrived, never been so pleased to see it! :yelrotflmaosmilie:
funkyfish Posts: 7626
think you should not rely on the withdrawal method.. hairy scarey congrats on AF