Oh seriously, p!ss off! UPDATE - Lunchtime comment!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Just in work and counting down the days until i finish but one of the lads came in there and said 'You look like you dont want to be here' to which i replied 'ah im just tired'. He broke his heart laughing for about 5 minutes straight telling me how i dont even know what tired is yet and wait til i have a baby screaming the place down. Then proceeds to say 'ah i'd give ya a hug but i wouldnt be able to get my arms around you'! Felt like punching him in the face. Yeah, your hilarious! Believe me when i have a gorgeous baby in my arms tiredness wont be a problem and im not a michelin man just yet so keep your fu'cking comments to yourself. Sick of people constantly saying stupid stuff. All these comments trying to put you off looking forward to my baby. Agggggghhhhhh
Babyboomerang Posts: 543
Aw hugs :action32 I seriously would have told him to p!ss off and while I was at it I would sympathise with his wife for having put to put up him. Why should you have to listen to his comments and just take it? I've been tired the last few while too. The 3rd trimester is really kicking in. Yesterday in particular one of my colleagues was trying to line me up for some extra work over the next few weeks. I actually told him that I couldn't care less at the moment. I know it's not the most professional thing to do but he just caught me at a bad time. Nothing will take away from the joy of your new arrival.
Augustmum Posts: 686
Ah lush don't mind him the stupid F-in A hole!!!!!!! >:o( I tell ya if someone makes another comment I'll tell them where to go - the cheek of some people!!!! I'm 27 weeks and have put up a good bit of weight and people just feel they need to comment on my size and size of my bump :ooh At this stage all my comments are 'oh your not showing at all' 'your boobs are MASSIVE!' and 'your carrying your weight all over' - like seriously did I ask you to make me like SHIT!? :o( Don't let them get to us tho [color=#FF0000:3pri6xuj][b:3pri6xuj]F THEM[/b:3pri6xuj][/color:3pri6xuj] soon we will have our lovely bouncy babies and won't give a toss about them! here's a hug :action32 x
lush11 Posts: 2877
I really dont think i ever realised what pregnant women go through. I wrote another post a few weeks back about some other stupid comments i got. The ONLY thing acceptable to say to a pregnant lady is 'you look great'! Nothing more, nothing less. Im not a super sensitive person but seriously!
Rattles Posts: 201
Im constantly being told i am tiny, had me worried sick but once hospital keeps telling me babs is growing fine thats all i care about...yesterday i was asked was it just 2 months left and where was i hiding the baby?!!! Think she meant it in a nice way but still....it does play in the back of your mind...people just dont think :wv
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Oh my goodness, what a funkin idiotic thing to come out with. I have NO patience with stupid like this these days. Theres a girl in my job whose, well lets say a bit irratating. She means well so I cant really rip her to shreds for all her annoying habits as much as I'd like to (I'm all heart me). But she comes out of no where all the time asking me the most inappropriate questions about my pregnancy at inappropriate times in front of everyone. I work in a studio where I'm in the office downstairs, and the architects work upstairs. When I go up to talk to one of the lads, I go straight over to their desk so not to disturb everyone else whose working. She sits right beside one of our managers who I often have to liaise with. She keeps interupting me and him talking to ask me things like 'have I measured myself lately'. I look at her like 'excuse me?'.. and she's like 'its like your belly has just exploded, its so beautiful and was wondering if you know how much you've grown'. :action34 So I cant really be rude back because she was sort of giving me a complement but at the same time I'm like, eh I'm in the middle of a work conversation, FUG OFF. Then she'll swan over to my desk every time she's downstairs to see how my belly button is getting on and is constantly pointing out how remarkable it is that you can see it through my top. ARGH!!! I'm so evil, because she's so nice, but I wish she'd just leave me be for 5mins. Sometimes I get sick of talking about my pregnancy and certainely dont want to discuss the in's and out's (no pun intended) of my body in the middle of the office
Rattles Posts: 201
Lol thats gas!! Although i do have a fascination with the belly button myself as mine hasnt 'popped' at all...when im in the hospital i am secretly looking to see if everyone elses has!! :o0 In fairness, i do think people mean well...some people just come out with odd things though, like they just want to say something but dont really think what!
lannah Posts: 574
I HATE people with that attitude of 'just you wait' with smug looks on their faces. I don't tend to broadcast it but if people ask I tell them I am going to try and give birth naturally with no epidural if I can. I'm not saying it will all go the way it should but this is the intension I am going into labour with. If I had a fiver for every person who has said 'oh just you wait, you'll be screaming for the epidural before you get to the hospital' or 'you won't get a medal for doing it that way' I'd be planning a nice holiday with the money! So many people have also said to me 'you have no idea what it feels like' to which I reply 'well you have no idea what it is going to feel like for me!'. Everyone is different, everyone has different labours and babies and support networks. I know there are some common rules but I would never presume that just because something happens to me a certain way that it is going to be the same for everyone. Why do people have to focus on the negative?
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
ONE WORD-MORON :action31
samcro Posts: 738
[quote="lannah":1g8aat57]I HATE people with that attitude of 'just you wait' with smug looks on their faces. I don't tend to broadcast it but if people ask I tell them I am going to try and give birth naturally with no epidural if I can. I'm not saying it will all go the way it should but this is the intension I am going into labour with. If I had a fiver for every person who has said 'oh just you wait, you'll be screaming for the epidural before you get to the hospital' or 'you won't get a medal for doing it that way' I'd be planning a nice holiday with the money![/quote:1g8aat57] I'm getting a lot of this also and it's driving me mental. O:| O:| O:| I'm also so fed up listening to people's horror stories, at this stage I can actually hear the tone in their voice changing and know it's coming so try and cut them off - then they think you're being rude :eek >:o) pee off and annoy someone else