Oh Thank God!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FlexyDee Posts: 4904
I was parked in a shopping centre yesterday at 12pm. Was just running in and out for a few things. When I came out and sat into the car, a lady knocked on my window (I was trying to think WTF did I do now?!) :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 So anyway, she proceeded to tell me that someone had hit the left side of my car on the way out :duh: I looked at the damage and nearly cried! Until her partner said "I got the reg number!" Oh thank god, says me!! :o)ll :o)ll So I went to the Gardai and reported this and they were able to give me the name of the driver and the Insurance company :o)ll I then rang their Insurance company, they logged everything. A lady just rang me to say that she admitted liability. This is a relief as it would have cost in or around 700 euro to repair the damage. I really want to thank that couple as without them, I would have had to pay for this. I am really upset that I never took their details and I really wanted to thank them :weep :weep
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
Oh thats such a relief...fair play to the lady who got the reg. I can't beleive people who do that just drive off and don't leave thier details. Glad you were one of the luck ones!!!! O-O
LastRolo Posts: 6892
How lucky were you that the couple were there and seen it all and took the Reg No and waited for you to come back to your car - Wow, there are still some nice and recent people in the world.... Its a pity you didn't get their name or contact numbers, but its hard to think of everything when somethings after happenening - your head can be in the clouds with all the shock!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Yay for good samaritans :o)ll Thank god they were on the ball enough to get the reg. Phew. It's still a bit of a pain for you but at least you shouldn't be out of pocket now.
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
I'm gutted that I didn't get their names :weep :weep :weep Oh thank god for them as I wouldn't have seen the damage until much later! :eek The ball is rolling and thank god she admitted liability! :o)ll What amazes me is the fact that the male (of the couple) said that he took it as he heard a loud bang but when I was speaking to the person's insurance company, the insured said that she never heard a bang but admitted she did hit something :eek YAY, MY FCUKING CAR YOU HIT! :o0 :o0 But it is being estimated at 3pm and once they have the documentation, I can get it fixed! :o)ll
katief Posts: 1900
You could always take out a notice under the 'miscellaneous' section in the herald, I've seen lots of ads like that. Something like 'Looking for a couple who kindly witnessed damage to vehicle in X location on X day. Person whose vehicle it was would love for you to get in touch. Contact Box no xxxx' or something like that
Elle Driver Posts: 508
That's brilliant. It's great when people look out for others :lvs
BabasFor2012 Posts: 1594
Wow! That was very good of them! You are also lucky that the girl did admit it too I think. I was under the impression that if you didn't see something like that yourself it was considered you had no proof. You are very, very lucky here full stop! A couple of years ago I was in a shopping centre and watched a woman just scrunch her car into the side of someone elses because she turned the wheel too sharply as she was reversing. There was horrible damage to her car and the other car. She got out and was looking at it, I had stopped to watch and she started to ask me how she would get her car free, she pretty much asked would I move it for her!! :eek :eek God no way was I getting involved, what would stop her blaming me for the damage if someone came along! Plus I really got the impression that she was trying to get her car away so she could just leave the situation. I told her that her only option was to go to the shopping centre information or help desk and get them to put out a page for the owner of the other car. I don't know what happened in the end there as I had paid for my parking so had to go or my ticket would run out, I knew there was no way she was moving the car on her own as she didn't have a clue what to do so I imagine the person came back while she was still there. But I couldn't believe the way she seemed to be trying to get away from such a lot of damage she had caused. If I hit someone in car park I would have to either stop and leave my details or wait for them to come back, I'd never live with the guilt otherwise.
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
Flexy same thing happened to my sister last year, her new car was awful damaged when she came out of a shopping centre buy TG the security man had gotten the details of a woman who'd driven into her car. So my sis went straight to the Garda station and they rang the owners of the car, the wife (The driver of the car) answered and the guards asked for Mr. X who was the registered owner of the car that'd been in an accident, Mrs. X said "Oh he's down the field working" and never admitted it was her who'd been driving. The guards hung up the phone & my sis told them it was a lady driver so they rang back and asked her again! Eventually she admitted doing a 'small bit of damage' and the husband said he'd call to my sisters house that night to see the damage. He was mortified at the damage as the wife had told him it was tiny but at least they paid for it all. Stupid woman O:|
Elban26 Posts: 2458
Lucky you Flexi, fair play to that couple.