Oh the pain of it all

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Here I am wolling at 430am, I've been awake for the last 24hrs thanks to what I now feel is a tooth infection :o( I did take a paracetmol but it didn't have any effect so I'm sitting here unable to sleep from the pain. This will be my 2nd infection so far this pregnancy. Anyone else suffer bad with their teeth when pregnant? Will it b worse for the next pregnancy??
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
Hi RQ, hope you managed to get some sleep :thnk . I had a bad month or so with one particular tooth when pg, and had to have antibiotics twice for an infection in it. Needed root canal, which I had done last week. When I was pg, dentist would only do remedial work. I think some people's teeth are affected more by pregnancy than others, not sure what you can do to avoid it :o( Have you been to the dentist?
OAT Posts: 2207
Here's your sister!!!! My wisdom tooth was badly infected and I was in so much pain so I know exactly what your going threw. It was getting to the stage I was afraid my baby would come out asking for panadol instead of a bottle :o0 Finally got the bad tooth out about 3 weeks ago and haven't looked back since!!! Go to your dentist asap and get it sorted
Thanks for the replies. I ended up with Doc on Call yesterday morning demanding an antibiotic for the abscess, which thank goodness he gave me, although if you'd seen the state of me you wouldn't have refused me either :hic He said, although he's only a doctor and not a dentist he didn't think it was such a bad infection, and was surprised at the amount of pain I seemed to be in. Little fecker kept hitting the infected tooth to make sure it was definitely an infection and it kept sending daggers of pain into my eyeball >:o( Edited because the information and medication doctor gave me was incorrect and not safe to use during pregnancy. >:o(
Only seeing this now RQ, how are you doing now, is the pain any better?
Hi Nickname, Pain is still there but not nearly as bad. I'm going to ring the dentist today because usually the infection and pain should have gone by now. 1 root canal on last pregnancy, so far 2 on this one, if I keep getting pregnant I'll have no teeth left :o0
Hope it passes soon :action32 [quote="Rocket Queen":2qddaxri] 1 root canal on last pregnancy, so far 2 on this one, if I keep getting pregnant I'll have no teeth left :o0[/quote:2qddaxri] I know what you mean, my teeth didn't like pregnancy at all either. As if our bodies didn't have enough to contend with :weep
OAT Posts: 2207
I was going to ring a doctor on call many of times when I was suffering with my tooth infection but didn't think they'd do anything as it was a dental issue - Good to know for future!