ok... calling all wollies to help with transport

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MammyC Posts: 3621
Hello!!! panic stations! Its under 12 weeks to the wedding and I have no transport booked. I dont want to spend a lot and at this point dont care what kind of a car it is as long as it gets us there. I am based in Limerick so anybody have any suggesstions on who to contact O-O :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk
Yoda Posts: 3340
[url:3sibnia3]http://www.heritageweddingcars.com/[/url:3sibnia3] Just saw this on goggle hth :wv
yummymumm Posts: 824
any family members with nice cars? My dad is driving us in his Merc, its not much different to what a chauffeur would drive...saves me 200 euro anyway! and just getting it valeted beforehand for him (and us)
HarmattanRose Posts: 1444
I know of one girl who hired their cars from a funeral director. Most have Daimlers and would probably hire out for a wedding. You could try one local to you.
Cork_girl Posts: 525
or just go to a standard car hire place like at the airport and hire a luxury car from them, that's what we're considering, but I think you need to be at least 30 years of age to hire the luxury class for most companies.
MammyC Posts: 3621
thats an interesting one cork girl, how much would that cost? :thnk
Cork_girl Posts: 525
well, it all depends on the time of year and how far in advance you book it. You said you've less than 12 wks but that's about the same as me, I got the quotes a while ago but they varied from about 270 - 600 euro for 48 hrs. You need to shop around. If you're close to Shannon airport I would look at the website for the airport, get a list of the car hire companies that operate from there and get a quote from all of them O-O