OK to buy present for BFP?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hopefully Soon Posts: 285
A very good friend of mine just got her BFP this morning after her second round of IVF. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll She was pregnant once before about 2.5 years ago but it ended in m/c at 12 weeks. I'd really like to buy her a small present to mark the occassion & was maybe thinking about a pregnancy journal or a memory box (I saw a post about this recently & loved the idea!). What do you think? I know it's still v v early days - do you think it's ok to buy a present? :wv
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Oh hun thats a lovely idea, i'm sure your friend would be delighted :heartbeat: Your friend is blessed to have a good friend like you too :heartbeat: Sending you :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
hils138 Posts: 680
You could give her a card now telling her how happy you are for her and maybe a present after 12 weeks. I got a wonderful present from my cousin (who has just given up trying to concieve) of one of the Willow Tree figures of a pregnant woman. She said she was handing over the mantle to me now. I will pass the figurine on once I am finished. I think it is a great idea.
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
It totally depends on the person and you know her best but personally I wouldn't want a present. A card would be lovely.
wifin Posts: 4761
We were trying for a year and a half and my best friend bought me flowers and a card. It was lovely *)
Hoping42 Posts: 536
I think flowers and a card would be an absolutely lovely thing to do!
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
It's a really lovely thought. I agree with the flowers and card idea. If you want to get anything else wait until after the 12 week mark.
Princess Mom Posts: 304
I also agree with flowers the pregnancy journal is a lovely idea but its very early days and it might be best to give that once she has her scan at 12 weeks and put her scan pic in. Its great to see an IVF bfp congrats to her :o)ll :o)ll I also see that you are trying aswell so best of luck and :babydust: to you xxx
Hopefully Soon Posts: 285
Thanks a million ladies. :thnk I think I'll go with the flowers & card idea & hopefully if everything goes to plan give her the pregnancy journal after her 12 week scan. Hopefully I'll be joining you on this forum myself at some stage soon. :wv
Princess Mom Posts: 304
Just had a quick look at your chart I see you had a pos opk yesterday. Dont forget to get down to business yourself tonight and we could see you back here in a couple of weeks xxxx