Ok, We are Grown-Ass Women

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
Shoot me down if you will. Reading a few posts on here there is a phrase I hate, and I do shudder when I see it. Aunt Flo Aunt Flow AF Whatever you call it. It's a PERIOD. Who the hell invented that phrase? Right up there with "moist panties" *retch*. I get the heebie-jeebies at the sight of it. Aunt Flo coming to visit, well Florence can eff right off.
SaraD08 Posts: 1795
Thanks... i never actually knew what AF stood for.... now i hate it even more O-O
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Oh God plus A HUNDRED SQUILLION KAJILLION!! I saw a post on OF this morning and I had to stop myself from replying with pretty much what you have written above. Do people honest-to-God call it Aunty Flo outside of WOL????? I have never EVER heard any woman call it that in the real world. I and all my friends and acquaintances and relatives and the ENTIRE FEMALE WORLD as I know it call it their period. Period.
Reston Posts: 1321
I don't mind the AF term per say, it's the personification of it that is retch inducing for me. SHE came, SHE'S due, SHE'S on the way ... WTF ... it's not a person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's simply your uterus shedding it's lining. NOT a person. NOT... :duh:
wowser Posts: 538
yes I agree, but I have never met anyone calling their husbands DH, or OH or sis in law SIL,BIL etc in 'real life' either. So isnt it more to do with writing on a forum than anyone saying it in real life?
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
I have heard people use the term in real life day-to-day conversation. Those people are no longer in my life.
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
And those baby dancers..........seriously? Baby dance? Its SEX!!!
zemphis Posts: 61
Is that what BD stands for? I only saw it for the first time somewhere the other week and have been trying to figure out what it means since!
happilymarried2010 Posts: 493
i know this isnt an abbreviation but the word 'lil' drives me mental O:| so many of my friends say 'oh my lil man is sick' or 'my lil girl is so cute' when referring to their children. its little......little...........
McLisa Posts: 1815
[quote="CarolinaMoon":2hgjswx6]And those baby dancers..........seriously? Baby dance? Its SEX!!![/quote:2hgjswx6] this creeps me out a bit!!!