Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

watchthisspace Posts: 591
Bit bored in work so got thinking and this popped into my head! I'm sure there is something else I could be doing but this is stuck in my head now! How old does the something old have to be? I have a bracelet h2b gave me a few years ago, is that old enough?? Can my shoes by my something new? Borrowed I'm still thinking about Blue I was going to have a blue ribbon on my garter. What you all having?
chefmaid Posts: 2426
New - My Dress/shoes/underwear Borrowed/Old - veil from my friend Blue - Rosary beads i have which are blue, i will wind them around my flowers.
FutureMrsL Posts: 231
Sadly my old, borrowed and new are all the same thing. My mother in law died suddenly five weeks ago and the family had bought her a diamond necklace for our wedding. So they are lending it to me, old, cos it was owned before, borrowed from family and new cos never worn
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
As far as I know your engagement ring can be your something old; its just something you've had for a while so your braclet would definitely qualify. New - my dress Borrowed and blue - a blue miraculous medal I borrowed from my sister (who was sent out the week before and told to buy it so that I could borrow it :o0 ) which I pinned to the underside of my dress.
jadem Posts: 1787
New=dress Old and Borrowed=My mums wedding ring as she has passed away Blue=Garter
mid-summer bride Posts: 175
Old or borrowed - Ring cushion from a friend New: Dress, shoes etch Blue: Ribbon on garter... I don't think I can use the ring cushion as old and borrowed so I am still short one. Does anyone put the sixpence in their shoe anymore? I was going to sellotape one to the inside of the heel on my shoe....