Old wives tales about boy vs girl!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chicam Posts: 1169
I posted this in September mums as we're all due soon but thought everyone else might like a laugh (but don't laugh too much, I'm not usually a believer but some of these really applied to me!! :o0 ) And before anyone says it, I know these might be complete BS but they're good for the ol' speculation aren't they! [b:15axvosy]If the wedding ring swings, it's a girl. If it goes in circles it's a boy. If you're carrying the weight in front it's a boy. If weight is on your hips it's a girl. If you're carrying low it's a boy. If carrying high, it's a girl. If you experience morning sickness early on, it's a girl. If you crave salty, sour foods or if you're craving proteins like meat and cheese, it's a boy. If you crave fruit or sweet things, it's a girl. If your urine is bright in colour, it's a boy. If it's dull it's a girl. If you look better than usual in your pregnancy, it's a boy. If your feet are colder than usual, it's a boy. [/b:15axvosy]
workingmom Posts: 3429
Stange, in our family the ring going back and forth is for a boy, circles is for a girl! I have craved savoury things at the start and now sweet things..... :eek
chicam Posts: 1169
Bear in mind I'm quoting a magazine - the I'm pregnant one, so if they have it wrong sorry!!
maisedon Posts: 1394
I think it's circles for a girl too.... Judging by that, I'm pretty much half and half - maybe I'm having a boy and a girl!!! :o0
workingmom Posts: 3429
Ah, I'm not saying it's wrong at all, I guess everyone has old wives tales to tell what they are having, it's fun guessing though :o0
maisedon Posts: 1394
Here's some more I found on another website - again, I'm pretty much half and half!!! *) It's a boy if: You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute You are carrying the extra weight out front Your belly looks like a basketball Your areolas have darkened considerably You are carrying low You are craving salty or sour foods You are craving protein -- meats and cheese Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy Your hands are very dry Your pillow faces north when you sleep Dad-to-be is gaining weight, right along with you Pregnancy has you looking better than ever Your urine is bright yellow in color Your nose is spreading You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles You are having headaches You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number It's a girl if: You had morning sickness early in pregnancy Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear Your left breast is larger than your right breast Your hair develops red highlights You are carrying high Your belly looks like a watermelon You are craving sweets You are craving fruit You crave orange juice You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy You are moodier than usual during pregnancy Your face breaks out more than usual You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread Your breasts have really blossomed! Your pillow faces south when you sleep Your urine is a dull yellow color You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side to side You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
Yes I do the ring thing the other way around too. My friend is having a girl and before we found out the ring went in circles. It is going back and forwards for me at the moment but I haven't a clue what I'm having.
fraggle rocker Posts: 1426
I have symptoms from both lists :o0 my wedding ring went in circles and then swung. I really think its a boy from the beginning but everyone seems to be having girls lately. I will be in shock if she says its a girl but happy no matter what.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Judging from that I'm all Boy, and thats what I'd swear I'm having anyway.
baby-bel Posts: 929
[quote="maisedon":3omx1bfh] its a girl if You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread [/quote:3omx1bfh] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0