old wives tales!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
between moving rings, baby weight to front, side or back it seems there are millions of anecdotes to predicting the sex of your baby!! thought I'd check in here to see what ones you have come across and the variations on them. Latest one I've heard is that if you've loads of heartburn your baby will have a good head of hair!!guess I'm having a bald one then :o0 Please share the weird and wacky ones that you've heard.
LoloOct08 Posts: 343
I think they're funny, I mean everyone has a 50/50 chance of being right regardless, even at a guess. Anyway, my hubby is Danish and over there they say that if the mother retains her beauty during pregnancy it's a boy and if not it's a girl, as a girl will take her mothers beauty! It's awful - imagine going up to someone and saying 'ya look like crap, it must be a girl!' :o0
Poppit Posts: 2042
I have a feeling I am having a girl, and by reading your post lolo, i'd say the Danish community would definitely agree :o0
Ah I'm sure that's not true Poppit :xxx
Poppit Posts: 2042
Ah thanks Lolo, :wv Am still waiting for the "glowing" stage. I just look ill at the mo. Very pale with dark under eyes.
I'm going to be faking my glo - Benefit have some lovely face powders. HA! A friend said my skin looked v wll today actually but I'd say that's down to me using hubbies super scrub in the mornings as have run out of my own. I've scrubbed to many layers off - lol! Actually I'm waiting for my niece to say something - she's predicted not only pregnancies but sexes of babies on 2 occasions. She's only 6 and my whole family swears she's lived before. she'll just com eout and say 'x is going to have a baby and it's a boy/girl'
missc Posts: 875
Got this off mamas and papas website: You're having a girl if . . . You're craving sweets Your facial looks have changed Your face is round and rosy You're carrying high People can tell you're pregnant from behind You've got mood swings resembling Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde You didn't have morning sickness Your age and the year of conception are either BOTH even or odd numbers, for example, you're 35 and the year of conception is 2005 Your hair gets reddish highlights to it A threaded needle held over your hand swings in circles The hair on your legs is growing normally While in bed, you sleep with your pillow to the south You hate eating the end bit of a loaf of bread Your wedding ring suspended on thread over your bump moves in circles The baby's heart rate is over 140 beats per minute Your urine is a dull yellow colour You sleep loads Dad's not gaining weight Your own mum's hair is NOT grey, bit is natural or dyed [b:1ihh8ypd]You're looking rather rough . . . not looking so good![/b:1ihh8ypd] Your boobs have taken on Jordanesque proportions You have bought stock in Tropicana orange juice! You pick up a mug around the middle You have no headaches When you're asked to show someone your hands, you show them palm up Your bump looks as though you swallowed a whole watermelon
And heres the boys: You're having a boy if . . . You're craving meats and/or cheese You're craving salty or sour foods You're carrying the baby out in front You're carrying low Your age and the year of conception are odds and evens, that is, if you're 35 and the baby was conceived in 2004 or if you're 26 and the baby was conceived in 2005 You have cold feet You're in labour during a full moon Your legs seem to have more hair on them A threaded needle held over your hand swings sideways While in bed, you sleep with your pillow to the north Your wedding ring suspended on thread over your bump moves from side to side The baby's heart rate is under 140 beats per minute Dad's gaining weight right along with you You had morning sickness You like eating the end bit of a loaf of bread Your urine is a bright neon yellow colour Your own mum's hair colour is naturally grey Your nose has gotten wider You pick up a mug by its handle You're looking fabulous Your boobs haven't gotten massively large . . . curvy, but not dramatic You can't stand the thought of drinking orange juice You're having headaches Your bump resembles an FA Cup football When you're asked to show someone your hands, you show them palm down You don't sleep as much
And heres the boys: You're having a boy if . . . You're craving meats and/or cheese You're craving salty or sour foods You're carrying the baby out in front You're carrying low Your age and the year of conception are odds and evens, that is, if you're 35 and the baby was conceived in 2004 or if you're 26 and the baby was conceived in 2005 You have cold feet You're in labour during a full moon Your legs seem to have more hair on them A threaded needle held over your hand swings sideways While in bed, you sleep with your pillow to the north Your wedding ring suspended on thread over your bump moves from side to side The baby's heart rate is under 140 beats per minute Dad's gaining weight right along with you You had morning sickness You like eating the end bit of a loaf of bread Your urine is a bright neon yellow colour Your own mum's hair colour is naturally grey Your nose has gotten wider You pick up a mug by its handle You're looking fabulous Your boobs haven't gotten massively large . . . curvy, but not dramatic You can't stand the thought of drinking orange juice You're having headaches Your bump resembles an FA Cup football When you're asked to show someone your hands, you show them palm down You don't sleep as much
sorry dont know what happened there guys