OLOL Drogheda, Antenatle Classes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

joer Posts: 1617
hi girls, starting this next week just wondering what is meant when they say to give a donation at each class?? Skint at the mo and dont want to give too much or too little?? thanks
Hugz Posts: 410
Hi Did the full day one in the nurses hall beside the Lourdes Hospital. There was a table and a sign saying 10 suggested contribution. There isnt any pressure and you defo wouldnt be expected to give money each wk .. it will prob be at the end of the course... and its totally up to you. Myself and hubbie gave the 10 euro each as suggested by the sign.....
baby09 Posts: 55
Hi girls, Just wondering how you go about enrolling for the 1 day course in OLOL..
Hugz Posts: 410
When I went to the hospital for my scan there was a sign on the wall with the number.... I havent got it anymore as you only ring the once to book it. Your GP should have it or ring the hospital switch board and they will direct you....
Thanks Hugz I was in the hospital last week for a scan and never thought about getting the info..Will give the hospital a call and get the details..
bighugs1 Posts: 212
If you ring the hospital and ask for the parentcraft department you should be able to book your class. I think there are only certain days they take calls but tuesday is one of them I'm sure.
thanks bighugs, just rang the parentcraft dept there and they said that the one day courses are booked up till the week before i am due and that would be cutting it a bit fine... so booked in for a Monday evening course for 5 weeks...
joer Posts: 1617
thanks girls dont want to be scabby or over generous! also, are the classes held beside the OLOL church??
bighugs1 Posts: 212
Joer, mine were in the building beside OLOL church St.Tereasa's I think its called enjoy.I did 3 classes and the box was only left out at one of them,I think it depends on how brave the midwives are feeling about asking :o0