Olympus Camera

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Baby cakes Posts: 1237
This is just a shot in the dark, but does anyone own a Olympus camera?? :hyper: :hyper: Why I ask is I have mislaid the camedia master 4.0 disc :-8 for uploading photos on to laptop and was wondering if anyone could loan me the disk. I will pay for postage both ways. I have loads of photos and I can do anything with them. :weep I went on to Olympus website and they only have the upgrade package for sale, also went onto camera hackers but no joy. please please please can someone help :thnk :thnk :thnk hubbie got me new Nikon in US, but the memory card is a different size and wont fit into new camera :wv sorry im a dope its afecking olympus camera, just looked at the box :-8 :-8 :-8
CaliMom Posts: 670
You should be able to connect the camera and copy the photos over... you don't need software cos your PC/laptop should see the USB connection as an external disk... have you tried that already?
Yeah tried that, its not picking anything up, I used to have the software on the laptop but I did something think i rebooted or something and it wiped it off the thing. Or maybe im doing it wrong?? Can you suggest waht way i should be doing it :wv
I'm guessing you're a windows user? If so, you should get a pop-up bubble thing near the bottom-right corner of the screen saying something like "new hardware detected" or something about a USB connection... open a windows explorer window & you should be able to see an E drive called removable disk... this is your camera & all you have to do is copy the photos over... if not then you will have to force a search for new hardware... for that you need to go through control panel>add/remove hardware>... as you can see it can get a bit complicated :o0
Thanks a million Kinnitybride, I found the new hardware and i have them all on the laptop now. great job, thx a mill :xxx :wv
I'm glad u got it working babycakes! Happy to help fellow wolliers :wv