Omegas and Fish Oils

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yikesJune08 Posts: 395
Hi Girls, For those of you taking omega's or Fish oils, which ones are you taking? I had a look at the Omega mum and I saw that they had EPO which we always avoided post ovulation because of the (perhaps urban legend?) possibility of encouraging contrctions or cramps, but lots of people are taking it and it is designed for pregnant women, Was there anyone in particlular recomended to you all? Thanks girls, C
Emme Posts: 4735
Hi Yikesjune08, I've been on Sanatogen Pro natal which has oils and omega for brain development and all the other vitamins etc that you need for pregnancy. I don't think food which says it's fortified with omeaga oils has enough quantities to do any use so I opted for the supplement instead. It also has folic acid. Two tablets, about €14.00 for a months supply. Emme
Emomc Posts: 2069
Taking the same as Emme (wont we have such brainy babies :o0)
yikesJune08 Posts: 395
Thanks girls, Ill check that out, Yes, we will have superpowered brainchildren hopefully! C
neeov Posts: 4256
I just got some new ones which have vitamin e in them. I think we are supposed to not supplement with vitamin e in pregnancy so I will probably take these after baby is born and I am breastfeeding. Can't get more mum omega in the local pharmacies, I think they must be popular!!!!!
Milis in disguise Posts: 727
I'm taking Flaxseed oil, plenty of omega 3 and 6!! I'm taking pregnacare for everything else!
loveheart Posts: 686
Ok, I am freaked out now. I am only taking pregnacare (am 7 weeks). What else should I be taking and why? Please help.
Loveheart pregnicare is absolutely fine! You're covered! My obstetritican told me to take pregnicare so it must be good enough! I was already on Sanatogen though so I remained on it. If you want to take Omegas and all that look into it. It's just that I don't eat fish at all so I thought it would be a good idea for me to take them. Just be areful that whatever vitamins you take that they are designed for pregnancy as you can get too much vitamin a and it can be dangerous. Don't be worrying! :wv
loveheart Posts: 686
Thanks Emme! I can breathe now. I eat plenty of fish so think I will just stick to that. Someone mentioned flaxseed or fish oil tab though so maybe I'll lob some of that in too. As for vitamin A, know all about it. Have had to stop all my acne treatment as it contained it - definitie down side for me but bigger priorities than skin at minute.
the pill didn't even clear my skin up properly but I tell you what did - pregnancy!! Can't believe it! Also I put honey on my face which helps as well.