OMG half way there..... and start to worry again...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
Hi girls, I just realised that I'm half way through my pregnancy. :ooh Even though I look forward to the whole giving birth and having a baby experience, I recently start to get really scared of it again. I can't help but worrying about the financial side when I'm on maternity leave, how we're going to cope when my full income is missing. I start to worry if I'll be able to cope with a babs and if I manage to be a good mum. And sometimes I just feel like I'm still too young to have children even though I'm 33 and just think if I'm grown up enough for the responsibilities. I feel like once I give birth my whole childhood & youth is def over... Tried to talk to DH once about it but he thinks this worrying is just down to the pregnancy hormones and I'm being silly... he's also as good as never at home due to his work so when he is at home we have other things to sort out than my worries... :o( Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to have this baby. :-8
Poppit Posts: 2042
Oh Mrs Smiffy :xxx I think its quite natural to feel that way. Lets face it, its a huge life changing experience. I am due on friday and though I am so excited about meeting babs, I am so scared aswell. I worry that i wont bond with baby, or that i wont be able to cope, or that i wont make a good Mum or that we'll struggle financially. All sorts of worries, but I have think its perfectly normal to feel this way whilst pregnant. Its hard to imagine being a Mum when it a whole new experience to us. It still feels quite surreal. I was looking at my bump lastnight thinking our baby is in there and we will meet him/her very shortly :eek My hubby works long hours too, so i know what you mean when there are other things to sort out when they get home, but its good to voice your concerns and worries....
Thanks poppit, thought I'm the only one who's goin mental with these worries.. :o0 You must get really anxious now to meet her/him. We have our next scan on Tuesday and hope to find out what we're having. Unfortunately this is the last scan from the NHS, but my sister already organised a scan for next month when we're back home and I already made an appointment for a 4D scan in End September... :-8 I know what you mean it does feel really surreal. It's like you're mind can't really imagine that you have a little human being in you - even though you can see and feel it. Hope everything goes well for you poppit... :wv
Poppit Posts: 2042
Oooh best of luck on Tuesday :o)ll We didn't want to find out, tho i did get carried away with the excitement and asked at one of my scans as was on my own (hubby was working away). He couldn't tell me as babs was lying a funny way. (no little flasher in there :o0 ) I phoned and told hubby that i had asked and he was so shocked as it was me who was adamant i didn't want to find out. I could have found out 2 weeks ago as we had such a detailed scan, but i thought we've got this far, we'll wait. Altho hubby told me he was looking to see was there a willy :o0 :-8 I have always imagined we are having a girl. But i truly dont mind either way. That nice of your sis to organise scan for you. I love having them done. I get one on every visit to hospital and i'm not even private. Have been lucky i guess. Lucky you with the 4D scan. We had planned on getting one done, but we never got chance. We will on next one tho, hopefully. They look amazing. Let me know how Tues goes :wv
the scan back home in Germany is mainly for my mum to see the little bugger too. We'll hopefully manage to get the appointment on my mums Birthday. I wanted to have the 4D scan done during the few days she's over in End September but unfortunately that weekend was booked out, so have the scan now a week before my mum comes over and once she's here she'll get the copy of the 4D photos. We'll take FIL with us to the 4D scan though. :-8 We decided we want to know the gender - well if the little one let's us.. :o0 First we didn't bother but then we both would like a girl and I'm convinced it's a girl anyway. SIL, FIL and my sis are constantly asking when we'll find out as they all have kept baby clothes and toys and depending on the gender (SIL has a boy&2girls) they will sort the stuff out and give it to us. And once that's done we'll have to go through all of it and make a list what's still left to buy.. Everytime I call my mum she tells me what else she bought for the baby and asks all the time what else we need... I can see it now - we have to fly over with empty bags and come back with overweight!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 I'll let you know on Tuesday if we found out what we're having.. you take care of yourself in the meantime.. :wv