OMG....so upset what to do??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifeyttc Posts: 2507
Heya girls, I have just been onto the hotel we were set to book for our wedding and my date is gone!!It was there 2 weeks ago and it has been booked with a deposit and all :o( :o( Im devestated.Its not untill October 2011.And then when i asked about the sat before and after that date there gone 2 :eek The date that we picked didnt have any particular meaning to us but now if i want my wedding here it will have to be in a completely different month!Dont know what to do i feel like crying.Have to sit down with the H2b and see what he thinks.As my mother always says things happen for a reason!Maybe im not meant to have my wedding here.....What would you girls do in this position.I thought i would have loads of time to book the wedding and the church is booked for that date so will have to change that to :o(
cbb1982 Posts: 317
I'm sorry to hear your date has gone, hopefully you will get another date, or start looking at some alternatives!
perfection Posts: 837
aha thats terrible.... what hotel was it?
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I'm sorry pet :action32 But you did say that those dates don't have any major significance to you or H2B. Ask the venue for dates they do have free. Have you any particular months you know you'd like to married in? The venue will want to accommadate you after all, it is their business. There is always a way around things.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
ok first of all dont panic!!! If the month/date wasnt important then just ask for a Saturday closest to the original date. It'll be grand- dont stress over it.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
sure the hotel not have confirmed the date, when they took the deposit?? Mine did... thats would worry me?
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
yea i would of liked to get married in october but thats out of the question now caus it completely booked up.im praying i wont have a problem with church.so ill have to look at september or move it to november which i dont particularly want to do.this place was pretty much the last place we looked at and fell in love with it no where else came close :o( yea when i asked the hotel 2 weeks ago my date was available and the wedding co ordinator said i could provisionally book it and then pay the deposit the day of their wedding fair but now its gone!!i thought i was early booking obviously not!thanks for your replies
Thumper2010 Posts: 579
Very bad form on the hotels part if they had that date provisionally held for you! They should have contacted you if someone else wanted the date before they released it. What was their explanation?
workingmom Posts: 3429
Just chose another date and don't stress over it, in the great scheme of things, it's not that important. We actually got a cancellation from the hotel we had the reception in, so they basically said we have the date X available, we said, we'll take it. Date of getting married is not important at all..... the main thing is that you're ready to get married.
msb Posts: 399
Why not go for the Thurs or Friday?? We're getting wed on a Fri, I actually think its nicer as we have the whole weekend then with people who are travelling for the wedding, I know not everybody agrees with this, especially people who work Mon-FRi, but it suits us! Worth considering...