OMG, this poor baby!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TracyBarlow Posts: 943
**WARNING- some might find this story distressing** What sort of pain must that poor baby have gone through!! :o( :o( :o(
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Jesus Christ, the poor child. I would raise bloody murder if this happened to me, WTF were they doing?
Ive always thought forceps is bordering on barbaric anyway, and this just seals it for me! Clamping a small babies soft head between two huge metal prongs and dragging them into the world by their head! >:o( Surely we have moved on from that now!!! :eek A quick google throws up a few too many horror stories! :eek
MrsAH Posts: 3715
I just can't believe they left it for so long, why wasn't she sectioned after the suction failed. It's unreal.
mkb Posts: 1744
:eek that is beyond shocking. surely they should have sectioned her before it got that extreme. my lord that is barbaric!
These stories are unbelievable!!! :eek Will these types of stories become more common with cuts in the health service, and trying to keep the number of c-sections down to save money?? O:|
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
oh my god i was just about to set up a thread on this! I had tears in my eyes reading this god love them - its a total disgrace ! Im so disgusted ! I will learn from this and point blank refuse forceps now!
nelswife Posts: 3869
Jesus Christ that is horrific, my thoughts and prayers are with the family and poor, poor baby!!
CestMoi Posts: 2162
I can't bring myself to open the articles but from your reactions I think forceps will be at the top of the [b:3orlr5k3]never[/b:3orlr5k3] list in the birth plan - beside resort to C-section before this option!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
That is shocking - the poor little baby. I also feel for the mum and dad - they are both young and this would be hard to deal with.