one knows one doesnt

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Donnachain Posts: 202
Have any of u been through the process of one wanting to know the sex of the baby and the other person doesnt. my hubbie wants.to know.and I dont but I dont want him knowing because I know he will let it slip!! has anyone had their other half know and u didnt. how did it work out.
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
I wanted to know dh didn't. I didn't think it would work one of us knower & the other didn't so I didn't find out. I think it would be so hard for this to work especially as every time he mentioned the baby you would pick up on whether he referred to it ad he or she or whatever. I think you would find out before baby artived
gopro Posts: 1801
DH wanted to know I didn't .the Coombe the 20wk scan it's the mothers choice cause she's the patient
MrsScuttle Posts: 407
I think DH and I could end up like this.. He doesn't want to find out and I think I do although that could change..I have 13 weeks to go until 20 week scan si going to wait snd see.. Think we will have to go both know or both get a surprise cause it would be too hard.. :)
rosiemama Posts: 3363
I found out on my last baby and DH didn't. I was able to keep it a secret from him, but only because he didn't know that I knew at all. I didn't find out at my 20 week scan but found out a bit later when I was on my own and never even let on to him that I knew. If he knew that I knew he would have been trying to interpret every little thing that I said and it would have been much harder not to give it away. We both found out this time, although we're not going to tell anyone else. I love being able to share my secret with him this time.
zig and zag Posts: 298
I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself and wouldn't want dh knowing something I don't know either! [quote="rosie_mama":1ux87jhg]I found out on my las :innocent: t baby and DH didn't. I was able to keep it a secret from him, but only because he didn't know that I knew at all. I didn't find out at my 20 week scan but found out a bit later when I was on my own and never even let on to him that I knew. If he knew that I knew he would have been trying to interpret every little thing that I said and it would have been much harder not to give it away. We both found out this time, although we're not going to tell anyone else. I love being able to share my secret with him this time.[/quote:1ux87jhg] I hope you don't mind me asking but were you disappointed you found out last time on your own and couldn't share it with dh? We got doc to write down what we we're having last time and then opened it up together, it was really nice to chat to dh about it. I wouldn't be able to keep it from dh if I knew! We're goin to find out on this baby (please god all going well) and maybe we'll have a nice surprise for us ;o) x
[quote="zig and zag":2b1y9tj8] I hope you don't mind me asking but were you disappointed you found out last time on your own and couldn't share it with dh? We got doc to write down what we we're having last time and then opened it up together, it was really nice to chat to dh about it. I wouldn't be able to keep it from dh if I knew! We're goin to find out on this baby (please god all going well) and maybe we'll have a nice surprise for us ;o) x[/quote:2b1y9tj8] No I wasn't disappointed. We both found out on our first, although it was more because I wanted to know, and with DS2 he said he'd like to wait until the birth so I respected his wishes. I loved knowing with DS1 and felt like I knew him before he was born, and there was no way I could have waited. We had discussed it before and I knew he was ok with me finding out. I'm not good at waiting for surprises and so I don't feel bad about it. We both got what we wanted. Saying that I am glad that he decided to find out with me this time. Especially cos it is a girl as I know DH really wanted a girl and I would have found that hard to keep from him.
zig and zag Posts: 298
Awh rosie_mama a little girl that's great news! :heartbeat: Thanks for sharing I didn't want to be nosey and ask :-8
thanks zig and zag!