One Pint = Too Much - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
They're not cheap and they're inaccurate. There's a disclaimer to that effect on the packaging.
Milly83 Posts: 3620
[quote="lets go fly a kite":345stoyx]They're not cheap and they're inaccurate. There's a disclaimer to that effect on the packaging.[/quote:345stoyx] Ah! No fair. May just take it easy and be careful from now on. I know I have been over the limit plenty on times the next day. There is no way that I couldn't have been
Italy07 Posts: 5409
I personally think that it should be an outright ban. We were involved in a crash with a seriously drunk driver several years ago on quite a bad bend so the cars were going less then 30mph and the impact was terrible. The drunk driver hit the side of my car where our baby son then was sitting. It just scares me to even think what if he was going faster. I see this guy most days of the week and he hasn't a clue who I am because he was so drunk. He never lost his licence as he drives for a living O:| O:| I think that should be even more of a reason for him not to drink! Sorry for the rant! Just my opinion.
That's terrible Italy! How awful. I totally agree, I think it should be banned completely as well when it comes to driving. It's difficult though if you are out the night before. I would say that a lot of people are over the limit and not realising it. A friend of mine got done for it at lunchtime the next day. It's mad.
magoo2 Posts: 226
[quote="italy07":z09bmzn6]I personally think that it should be an outright ban. We were involved in a crash with a seriously drunk driver several years ago on quite a bad bend so the cars were going less then 30mph and the impact was terrible. The drunk driver hit the side of my car where our baby son then was sitting. It just scares me to even think what if he was going faster. I see this guy most days of the week and he hasn't a clue who I am because he was so drunk. [b:z09bmzn6]He never lost his licence as he drives for a living[/b:z09bmzn6] O:| O:| I think that should be even more of a reason for him not to drink! Sorry for the rant! Just my opinion.[/quote:z09bmzn6] My cousin lost his licence from being (not much) over the limit. He drives for a living - serves him right.. he'll never do it again. Agreed on the outright ban M
Its terrible that there is obviously different laws for different people as the driver was so drunk he couldn't stand and never lost his licence but yet your cousin was only bearly over the limit and lost his licence! I do agree that it is hard for the following day!
Italy, why didn't he lose his licence?? I always thought that this was automatic if you are over the limit?? :eek
I really don't know the details, just I asked the Garda when I was down getting passport forms signed as it was the same guy and he said he never lost it because he wouldn't be able to earn a living! I think this is crazy and even more reason why he should have lost it, it would think seriously again before he did it. I have seen him a few times since driving home from the pub, I wouldn't mind but the pub is only about 20mins walk from his house!
That's crazy! Anyone could use that excuse! He should be limited to driving during working hours or something like that. I know it's hard to enforce that but there could be some note put on his licence so if he gets stopped, he's going to get an earful or get banned. I hate the driving regulations in this country. They are terrible
Hubby use to do a bit of door work and was obviously coming home after closing time and in the 3 years he was doing it he only ever got stopped and tested once! I think that is crazy they should be out there waiting for them to come of the pubs! But yet if you go a couple of miles over the limit you get points!