One Yr from today!!! Where is all the Jan 09 Brides??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cabra Posts: 65
How is the planning going??? OOOOh im so excited...
wouldntseemeinameringue Posts: 777
Hi Cabra :wv . I'm a fellow January 09 bride. People keep telling me the year will fly by....but I'm choosing to ignore them. I want to enjoy my last year as a non-married lady....ha ha ...only joking. I'm seriously not stressing about anything. What's the point? I have BM dresses and FG dresses picked out...just have to order them now. Church/Priest booked. Notification sent to state. Pre-Marriage course booked for April 12. Got my dress on Ebay of all places. Going to buy rings in June/July. Friend of mine is doing flowers. Hotel booked and deposit paid...obviously! Band and DJ booked. Photographer is my sisters brother in law. Will buy suits for H2B and best man/groomsman in the autumn. Booked Marie Hickey for my hair Doing my own make-up. So...all is going well and nothing to stress out about. How about you? **** Edited to say I've booked Marie Hickey for my hair
OMG O:| You have everything organised - I have the venue - church - priest... Have choosen BM - But thats it! Now im starting to panic :o( Must go and reg the marriage today at least that will be one thing of the list!! Where you getting Married? Im Cabra Castle So exciting tho isnt it :thnk
Hi Cabra...don't be worrying about stuff...you've plenty of time to organise everything. Slowly but surely...... To be honest with you...I'm not really that 'excited' as such at the moment...I am looking forward to it alright...maybe I will actually be excited closer to the time. My ideal wedding would be to elope but H2B didn't really want that and plus, when I told my 98 year old Nana we were engaged she just presumed we'd be having it here and practically had the ferry booked the next day (she lives in Wales)! So I couldn't let her down...we're lucky we still have her around. So we're doing the big Irish wedding. Thinking about it now...it will be good to have all my friends there on the day so I'm happy it worked out this way. Cabra Castle is gorgeous by the way. Good choice.
sweet cheeks Posts: 1119
Hi Girls. God a year away now, we wont find it at all. I'm kinda realxed at minute then there is days i think i have nothign done and i have a mini freck attack. What we have done so far is Church Hotel Band DJ Video Photo Guy - next month but Pro Booked Noted State My dress got - :o)ll BM dresses - fitting early next month Suits - April/May Flowers/Invites - when i get the girls dresses sorted. Cake/Church music - i'll sort a bit later on. Honeymoon - March So thats really it, oh itts so exciting... :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Creative Invites Posts: 305
Aaaah! I'm 2nd Jan '09 and I only have church, priest, venue and DJ! Will actually go today and organise registering with state....needed to see how organised you all are to give me a kick up the ***!
sweet cheeks Posts: 1119
leeleehen, You'll be fine. Just check out what you want first & then your flying. Best of Luck & if you need any help i'm here. :wv
You's are so organised... Ive no intentions of looking for my dress untill April which im sure is loads of time.... Im heading on hols tomorrow :o)ll for a week so when we get back im going to see a band called decco 5... Ive heard there brillant... Really starting to panic now.... Ive loads of time --- Dont I???? >:o(
Yep Cabra, loads of time. No panic at all missus.
bubbles09 Posts: 327
hey girlies! wow, ye all seem to be very organised! we're getting married new years day and so far have organised: church and priest church music hotel band booked pre-marriage course for june ....and that's it! oh God ... better get organised!!! :-8 can't decide on a photographer at all! seen a good few but can't pick!