Online shopping Websites - its a help post Pls!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hipbaby Posts: 4530
I am in the process of redesigning my website. We are at the design stage now and I would really appreciate if you could tell me what features you love and what features you hate about Shopping websites! And anything else you think may be useful. Thank you so much :thnk
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
That they take PayPal! Saves me taking card out of purse! And mobile friendly sites
chilis Posts: 149
I actually hate mobile sites, give the option to use normal. If selling clothes or the like give choice for sizes etc (especually on the mobile site that is a big bug bear of mine!!) If I had an idea of what you sold I could give more detail of my likes and dislikes!
Thanks ladies i appreciate you giving me that feedback and yes suganrandspice paypal will be on it! Chillis this is my current site www.hipbaby.ie I am just revamping it :o)ll
julnextyr Posts: 84
I like the toys.ie site because you can shop by price range. I like to be able to see all the products on one long page rather than having to go from page to page.
McLisa Posts: 1815
I'd say as many search filters as possible, sometimes I'm just looking for say mid length black dress size 10 and it'll take you forever to search and trawl through it, Especially on mobile sites, they often seem a lot more limited.
Thanks a mil Ladies have noted your comments and appreciate your help x
Solar Powered Posts: 548
I love a saved items feature - I am not going to buy everything I see that I like on your site but if I can collect all the things I like and then decide what to buy out of all the things I liked at the end - well I love that. The benefit here is, say I see something I like on the first page, I'm thinking oh I like that but what if there's something nicer on page 2 so I'm going through loads of pages and then I cant remember which page that dress I liked was on so sometimes I get fustrated and just leave the site without buying anything. So saved items = excellent feature. Also when I do a search say for shoes & high heels and black (say for work) and I add one pair to my basket but again I want to see what alternatives are available so I select continue shopping I do not want to have to choose my filters again (most of the time) so have 2 options after someone adds to basket (as well as checkout) - 'continue shopping with current filters 'and 'continue shopping - new search'. That's my two cents anyway, I have thought this sooooo many times. Best of luck with it.