Oooohhh get me back to bed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

23skidoo Posts: 1272
I'm feeling very very unwell this morning. Had a cold all weekend which wasn't helped by traipsing around Birmingham all day Saturday in the freezing cold. Felt a bit better this morning when I came into work but about half hour ago I got a really bad cramp in my left arm and straight away felt like vomiting. You know that really dizzy feeling when you feel your mouth start going numb and watering? Boss stopped me on the way out to the loo and by the time I got out the feeling had kind of passed. But now it keeps coming back again and my mouth is totally numb. Feel really poxy but don't want to go home cos its only my third week in the job. Head is spinning and i don't know if I'd feel any better by going out nd making myself sick. Sometimes that works to get rid of the nausea but then again could just make it worse! :o( :o( :o(
Spanish Bride 2b Posts: 778
You poor thing. I know it's awful to have to go home sick when you've only just started a new job but at the end of the day if your sick you're sick and there's nothing you can do about it. The best place for you to be is home in bed. I'm sure if you talk to your boss he'll understand. :action32
2009 Bride Posts: 990
You're better off going if you can at all, least you'll feel better sooner, if you push yourself too hard you'll only end up feeling sicker for longer. Hope you feel better soon :wv
23skidoo Posts: 1272
Boss isn't here. She was on her way out thats why she stopped me. No idea when she'll be back. Just here with the other person and first thing he said when I mentioned I was sick was 'oh, left arm, nausea, don't want to worry you but it could be your heart!' :o0 So that really made me feel better. But he also said there's a stomach bug going around. Thats all I bloody need now. He keeps offering me tea and coffee and every mention of food or drink has me retching. And its nearly lunch time :hic :hic