Menu

Operation Transformation - anyone?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CestMoi Posts: 2162
Hi, just wondering if anyone is following the diets / eating plans from Operation Transformation? (http://www.rte.ie/ot) My H2B was talking about Gerry Ryan having this on his show, and then it was on the telly on Thursday. I'm just starting it today. There is lots of fruit & veg to get on the shopping list, but I heard that lots of people followed it last year and found it very good. You can follow a leaders diet & exercise plan - but I'm just going on the diet and doing my own version of exercises. I've a stone and a half to loose at least, so here's hoping! Would love to hear if anyone else is doing it, or did it last year and how they got on?
Hepburn Posts: 4081
http://www.rte.ie/ot I saw the programme last week and enjoyed it. I hate Gerry Ryan but I think I might follow the programme as the people involved seem very genuine.
mini mama Posts: 834
Hiya I am also hoping to follow it..I am starting today from lunch time a i couldnt log on at home at the weekend..i am hoping to lose up to 2 stone by my wedding in september and i am goin to follow kelly brouder...she is my height and age and i am 13 hoping to get down to 11 stone,they have said they reckon they can make her lose 2 stone in the seven wks of the programme so its well worth checkin it out...maybe we can keep each other going...another wol posted something similar last week so maybe we could keep it goin like the WW threads on here?
:o0 yeah! I hate GRyan too! H2B is always GR said this, GR that, blah blah blah. But luckily the programme didn't feature him too much. I can mute him at the weigh ins. Wonder if you loose much in the first week, or will it be gradual?
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
I posted a thread about this in Health and Fitness. I'm currently following Kelly's progamme. Have followed her meals since day 1. Its now day 4. Not doing her excercise programme in full - just walking in the evenings after work and going on my rowing machine.
Oh sorry about that, didn't even notice the H&F forum. I'm going to follow Kelly also, i'm nearly 12 stone so I would like to get down under 10. Well 9.5 ideally but 10 is my goal for the moment. I'll by on the cross trainer as much as I can, and maybe some bits of fitness video's too. I'll have to try going walking a few days a week. It's hard to fit in the time for everything though, even with the best of intentions.
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Did you hear Gerry when he said about the man whose wife is expecting a baby..."And he looks like he is carrying it himself"? What a tool!
Yeah heard that too, and it wasn't that long ago that he looked a bit like that himself and his treble chins. Such a waffler, but trying to block him out for the better good of me loosing the extra stone (or two)!
joer Posts: 1617
h2b wants to follow your guy from Cork as h2b is about 20 stone, but not huge like, it's mainly his belly. he has a fairly sedentary job and gets home late in the evenings so finds it hard to go the gym etc. I've printed off meal plans for days 1-3, as I'm not going buying loads of ingredients only for him (and me too) not to bother with it after a few days.
Well to give you an idea of how much it will cost... I'm only starting today so I'm just back from Lidl buying all the fruit and veg from the 10 day shopping list. I'd say it cost me around €40 all in all. I couldn't find a few things and will get the meat on the way home. It wouldn't be any harm for him to try it for a week and see how he thinks he will manage the following week and so on. It might be encouraging if he has dropped a few pound by the end of the week for him to continue onto the next week. My H2B has said he will follow the dinners with me, which will be a good help. But I'd say when he realises that there's no spuds and very little pasta he might be put off!