Opinion on this dress please

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MizMelanie Posts: 1443
Hi Ladies, I tried on this dress a few days ago and I :lvs it!! I am thinking of getting it for my hen party and possibly to wear to a wedding in a few weeks time. 2 questions - 1. is it too expensive at €350?? :ooh :ooh 2. Is it too bare for a wedding? It looks short but is just above the knee on me (I'm 5'6) and is slightly below the knee at the back! It's also quite low cut but I don't have a big chest so it's not very revealing or anything (ok it is a bit revealing!). Also - what shoes to wear with it? Sorry I can't paste the actual picture for some reason -
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
I love it. Would be great for your hen, or Christmas parties. I think it is a bit too glitzy for a wedding guest. I'd wear black accessories with it, or if you could get a suitable nude colour that would be good too.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Its a fab dress!!!! If you can afford it go for it, you dont need to justify the cost to any one. As for shoes I would probably just go for black shoes and accessories, the dress is enough on its own
MizMelanie Posts: 1443
Thanks girls - I do love it!! Scarlett I spend my life telling myself I don't need to justify the cost of things to anyone! :o0 I'm so bold for buying clothes! However, in this case I do think the hen party is a good excuse! Plus it would look great at Christmas! Oh I've already justified it I can feel it!! Plain black accessories then - yeah that sounds good because i have loads of black sandals and accessories so I wouldn't be buying more stuff to go with it!!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="dresstoimpress":2m8yik3r]I love it. Would be great for your hen, or Christmas parties. I think it is a bit too glitzy for a wedding guest. I'd wear black accessories with it, or if you could get a suitable nude colour that would be good too.[/quote:2m8yik3r] Personally I would wear it to a wedding. With black shoes and a black wrap. Actually some one wore some thing similar to our wedding in silver
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
lovely, v glam!!! Not something i'd wear myself so wouldnt pay the money myself. but if you like it and you'll wear it then go for it!!! I always justify buying pricey things by thinking of the 'cost per wear'. So rather than buying cheaper stuff that you'll only wear once or twice, spend more money on things that you think you'll wear more often!
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
love it, and if you have the money, go for it!
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
Its nice, but not worth 350e - sorry, just my opinion! :wv
zeus Posts: 553
Think its gorgeous!! If u have the dosh buy it, dont give it a 2nd thought!! I personally would wear it to a wedding, think its fab :thnk
Pricetag Posts: 1306
[quote="sugarandspice":3hpz50qw] I always justify buying pricey things [b:3hpz50qw]by thinking of the 'cost per wear'. [/b:3hpz50qw]So rather than buying cheaper stuff that you'll only wear once or twice, spend more money on things that you think you'll wear more often![/quote:3hpz50qw] :o0 That's brilliant! I'm so stealing that!!!! :compress