opinions on this dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redroses Posts: 714
HI girls, Im going to a big wedding in a couple weeks (360 people) and i was thinking of getting this dress. I need opinions on it and also does anyone know if its a fairly new dress in monsoon? Last thing i wasnt is to show up wearing the same thing as someone else!! what ye think? [img:juaswsz8]http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/5/2/1/4/1/8/webimg/406255469_o.jpg[/img:juaswsz8] http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT
SunnyK Posts: 3834
I've no idea if it's new or not but it's gorgeous! Would be fab if we had this weather too. :compress
paperclips Posts: 3146
I dont shop in Monsoon so I dont know how recent it is, but its fabulous!
Thanks sunnyk and mochara, i havent bought a new dress in so long but i love this! One thing i forgot to ask are monsoons sizes accurate, as in a 14 is def a 14, im a 14 but need a 16 in some karen millen stuff as they do be too tight iykwim
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
I LIKEY..... :wv Dont know if its new, ill check monsoon now and get back to ya! :o0 ETA- Cant see it on the monsoon maxi dress collection :wv but i di find a nice one for myself for a wedding im going to :wv
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Karen Millen sizes can be that bit smaller than other shops I find so I'd say you would be ok with a size 14 from Monsoon but maybe go in and try something just to be sure....
[quote="mammymcphee":396fliae]I LIKEY..... :wv Dont know if its new, ill check monsoon now and get back to ya! :o0 ETA- Cant see it on the monsoon maxi dress collection :wv but i di find a nice one for myself for a wedding im going to :wv[/quote:396fliae] I couldnt see it on their website either, i thought maybe its an old collection os something. Glad you found a dress too!
[quote="SunnyK":3hu200vw]Karen Millen sizes can be that bit smaller than other shops I find so I'd say you would be ok with a size 14 from Monsoon but maybe go in and try something just to be sure....[/quote:3hu200vw] Yeah thats prob a good idea, i know anything i tried on in monsoon always fitted in a 14 but thats was over a year ago since ive been in there.
blondiechick Posts: 1641
It's lovely. I don't like the necklace with it on the manequin though. I'd go simple, nice earrings but no necklace. Enough going on with the halter neck aspect. It's not current season, well, at least I haven't seen it in the current season's collection and I am always in Monsoon.
lcarrick Posts: 1639
oh i love this dress! :lvs be fab for a wedding now!!!!