Menu

Opinions on this wine

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Srian Posts: 179
Hi Girls I'm not really into wine but would try a glass of white sometimes. I'm looking at McGuigan's Sauv Blanc and Merlot. (visited the Vineyard when in oz a couple of years ago and thought it would be nice to have it on the day, to remember) Tesco have an offer on at the moment for €6 a bottle. You can get 5% off as well as tesco club points. Would love to know if people like or dislike the wine? Thanks
Bluelagoon Posts: 650
I haven't tried that wine yet but my mate LOVES the Merlot!! She said it was gorgeous and has stocked up, she has tried lots of different wines so this must be a good sign and so nice to have a memory attached to it :)
winklefairy Posts: 907
Tried the Sauv Blanc the other day and liked it - as did my H2B and he knows a lot more about wine than me. He really likes the McGuigan Shiraz too. Sounds like a good deal to me. :wv
NittyGritty Posts: 1605
Haven't tried the Merlot as I'm a white drinker usually. But have tried the Sauv Blanc and liked it. I think when choosing white, its hard to go wrong with Sauv Blanc or Pinot Grigio. They appeal to most tastes as they're fruity in taste but not too sweet. I'd say go for it O-O
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
I'm not a red wine drinker so can't comment but the sauv blanc is one of my regulars as it's often on sale in Tesco & it's lovey - really easy to drink & not too sharp.
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
I don't drink Merlot but their Shiraz and Sauv Blanc is fantastic, McGuigan's is a great vineyard O-O
vidia Posts: 2960
I got my wine wedding in Tesco too! Didnt get the same red and while label tho! I found the white in one label nicer than the red in the same label, so chose a different red! Theres no harm in having different labels.. Love your white, havent tasted the Merlot, sorry...
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
love love love mcguigan's. i only drink white and would be delighted to be served this up at a wedding :o0 bought myself a couple of bottles from this offer as it is very good value!
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
We have drunk all the variations of McGuigan wine at some point. They are reliable so you can't go too far wrong with them.
Srian Posts: 179
O-O Thanks for all the replies. That's great. Looks like definitly McGuigan's Sauv Blanc for me. I'l have to put an order in so....