Opinions Please - Not sure what to do

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

last min bride Posts: 20
Hi, I have a bit of a dilemma my cousin is getting married next year and now i have fallen in love with her venue and would like to get married there too but this winter not sure of dates yet - do you think this would be really bad of me to book it. We are not close and would only see one another at christmas funerals etc. She would not be at my wedding or I at hers but there would be the same aunty's and uncles from just one side of the family. Advise please.....
weeone01 Posts: 11
I would not see the problem with that at all! If you wanted to be on the safe side you could email your cousin, or get your mum/ relative to suss out with this girls family if it would be a problem. I know personally it would not bother me in the slightest:) Good luck with it all!!!
midnightqueen Posts: 582
if i was you i would Book it, its not as if your close so i dont think it will matter O-O
last min bride Posts: 20
Thanks a million I have been totally stressing about it - i have checked out at least 30venues and this is the one i like the best
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Book it, I'm the 3rd cousin to have their reception in the same hotel in the past two years. Nobody cares, the food is good and the hotel is lovely so don't be worrying!
kookiegal Posts: 1150
Book it! If you don't you will spend your time regretting!
daisybabe Posts: 767
I agree with the others, if you really love the place book it!!! It personally wouldn't bother me in the slightest! The first place I booked was not what I really wanted and I regretted it for months, eventually I cancelled and booked where I loved and felt sooooo much happier about it, You've obivously fallen in love with this place so I would say go for it :wv And sure if she falls out with you, like you say, ye weren't that close anyway :o0
honest woman Posts: 322
Sorry for putting a spanner in the works, but if i was your cousin i would be a bit pissed off. It would be different if you were getting married after her, no problem at all then. But seeing as you would be getting married before her, i think it's kind of bad form.....sorry :-8
SparkleX Posts: 1057
Go for it girlie!! It's only a hotel so I don't see why your cousin would have a problem, especially if you aren't even friends. If you love it then book it
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
hmm i dont think its as b&w as 'just book it if you love it', but seen as you wouldnt be going to eachothers weddings, then meh.. just go for it I guess. Best of luck with your plans hun