Opinions!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
I know that it's possible a few people may know me on this website but I'm going to put up a link of pictures of my wedding dress. I don't want all my wedding guests to see it before the wedding (via this site!) but reason I'm doing it is because I cannot decide what to do with it!!! Opinions please!!! I always said I didn't want a boob tube type dress, so when I found this one, I bought it saying I wanted to put a thick halterneck strap on it. What do you think? I bought a plain finger tip length ivory veil and it suits perfect. Problem is, I don't think I can wear my hair down with a halterneck, what do you think??? I know OH will probably not be very happy if I wear my hair up (he LOVES it down!) Also would it be too much to have some sort of hair clip/band with the dress and the veil?? Sorry for the long post but I have been mulling over this for ages and just CANNOT decide!!! PS Won't leave the link up too long! PPS Meant to say, my dress is exactly the one on the model, not the one on the real life bride pictures down below, as I see she has a sweetheart neck line, mine is straight across!!
hestia Posts: 2368
Zumba I'm just getting a log-on page. Maybe lash up the link again.
sugarcubes Posts: 157
[quote="hestia":2c73j26r]Zumba I'm just getting a log-on page. Maybe lash up the link again.[/quote:2c73j26r] ya me too,although i do love the one i can see :o0
randomusername Posts: 2134
What about an over the shoulder strap? something like this http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/halston ... ress-front That way you could wear your hair down but gripped to the side?
Karen WOL Posts: 625
Zumba that would be amazing with hair down.... But even just clip one side up slightly and it'd be gorge! You can't really go wrong with that dress, it's beauts.
jamjars Posts: 1721
The halter might look a bit much since there's already a lot going on with the dress... fab btw! would you think of just really thin straps?
Karen WOL Posts: 625
OMG jamjars is that you in that pic?!
Thanks ladies, you are all very kind. :thnk I didn't even like it that much on the hanger, but when I tried it on, I just knew it was the one!! Wow jamjars, you look amazing!! Not sure if I want straps...I'm thinking that if I go for the halterneck that I will just wear a veil and hair down, because there is so much going on in the dress...oh I dunno!!
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
I think a halter would be much nicer than thin straps or a cross-shoulder straps, and I see no reason why a halterneck means you can't wear your hair down, of course you can!! I think a halter that goes right to the far edges of the front of the dress would be fab, if you get me - like it joins the dress almost at the pits rather than a narrow halter at the front. Fabulous dress. And I think your adjustment will make it even nicer.