Opinions? - withdrawal method

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shhh tis a secret Posts: 1
Hey there, I'm really a regular poster but know a few people on here who I wouldn't discuss something like this with! I just read a post there about the withdrawal method and it got me thinkin. Myself and H2B have used that method (if you could even call it a method) for a long long long long time, we were def NOT ttc but we're gettin married soon and want to start straight away. I'm worried cos we used this method for SO LONG and I never had any scares or obviously didn't get PG but now that we do want to try soon and we want it more than anything in the world ... I'm afraid it won't happen. Surely I should'a been PG by accident by now!! Was on the pill at times and I am now coming up to the wedding but I'm just worried. I know, unneccesarily, but I'm still worried. Anyone else ever think that or is it just me? Would love to know, thanks WOLLYS!
mrs.july Posts: 3167
I used that method first three years with h2b (together almost 7) cos was too embarrassed to go to a doctor to get pill-sad I know but I was very young!! Never had a single scare in all that time either and no, I don't think it is a sign that I might have difficulty TTCing, I believe in fate and that it wasnt right time to get pregnant then and so I didn't. hope that makes sense.
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[color=purple:2k1dj2fh]Oh my God, totally know what you mean! I was only saying this to h2b the other night. We are together 9 years & although we have never practised the withdrawal method as such we have taken 'chances' over the years. It def makes you think. Please God as groovylove said we are just 'lucky' that nothing happened so far & won't have problems ttc! [/color:2k1dj2fh]
Gladys Posts: 133
Yes dearies it does have the potential to be a wonderful method. In my day we referred to it as the rhythm method. Personally speaking the only rhythm was coming from the noise of Cecils buttocks slapping together but I suppose that was in them days. Just remember dearies [img:2iwcxh50]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j117/GojiraDeMonstah/toomanykids.jpg[/img:2iwcxh50]
soontobe! Posts: 25
Hey guys, I am in the exact same situation!! Guess we know what forum we will be on after our weddings !!!
Bigbirds Posts: 7
Believe me the withdrawal method is not that reliable - I should know - I have two children to proove it. One is actually my h2b's brothers child. I used to go out with him years ago.
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
[quote="Bigbirds":1is6savt]Believe me the withdrawal method is not that reliable - I should know - I have two children to proove it. One is actually my h2b's brothers child. I used to go out with him years ago.[/quote:1is6savt] Is this a joke?
x_x Posts: 1823
As a method of contraception - I would trust it about as much as the theory "gravity stops you getting pregnant if the girl goes on top" but isn't it crazy, like when I look at new posts and I see girls over in TTC doing "Operation Knickerwatch" praying there'll be nothing there whereas I am the opposite...praying that we wont get caught...I hope we won't have trouble TTC, time will tell. The irony of it though!
Gladys Posts: 133
[quote="Bigbirds":m7z3hgaf]Believe me the withdrawal method is not that reliable - I should know - I have two children to proove it. One is actually my h2b's brothers child. I used to go out with him years ago.[/quote:m7z3hgaf] Disgusting. You should cover that wick lest you get burned you Jezebel.
mammybean Posts: 10364
was talking t fsil about this last night. As we are using it at the moment. She knows a woman did it for ten yrs, then when she wanted them ad 3 chldren and has been doing it again for 5 yrs. I wouldnt worry