opk's question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs.bride Posts: 157
Hey girls, I don't really post a lot on this site but I have a question and hopefully somebody will be able to help me. I bought the Boots OPK tests at the weekend and I took one on the 11th day of my cycle as per the instrutions, I got a positive result that day so which meant that i would ovulate within the next 36 hours. However the next day I had really bad pains in my stomach kinda like pressure pains and a bloated feeling. If the opk's worked properly well that was probably the day I ovulated so basically my question is - is that pain and that pressure feelifeeling a sign of ovulation? I am kinda worried that there is something wrong when I'm ovulating as we have been trying for a few months now! Anybody else experience this. Thanks a mil. J.
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
I bought the same test, and rested on Day 16 ( I have long cycle, which TBH I thought was a few days 2 early but it was positive. And same as you, I had a kind of ache either side. I assumed this meant ovulation. I never took much notice before. I'm guessing this is normal!? Maybe someone else can confirm this for us, cos I read in one thread that one girl always knows when she is ovulating, so there must be some kind of signs. Good luck!
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
Hi girls...check out this link: http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/pre ... chmerz.htm they're called mittelschmerz pains - that might be what you're having. I used to get them when I wasn't on the pill. I'd get them suddenly and really bad - like I'd double over...but it would go quickly.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
mrs. bride dont worry about the pains i get them when im ovulating
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Yep me too same thing. Started using the Boots OPKs and suddenly noticed this too. Must have been happening all my life but only noticing it now :eek So lets hope these kits work girls and :babydust: to us all.
bellabella Posts: 2750
Ted do you remember me? Do you realise who i am? I am now an addict to wol. i could not resist :wv :wv Baby dust for you :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Oh I have a love/hate relationship with this forum but love the info here and being empathise with others. Mostly a browser nowadays but sometimes cannot resist the urge to post. Resistance is futile!
bellabella Posts: 2750
ah sure theres no harm there.Its nice to see you.hope things are going well. life is fab.....???????? can you see the clue i put in?