OPKs? Did you guys use them?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

silíní Posts: 4219
Hi guys Starting TTC in couple months and finding out about this lark. Wondering if I should use OPK's or just monitor CM??? Also there are so many OPK's and stuff out there, some v expensive, wondering if they are worth it., Anyone got any info?? Would be great, i'm a newbie at this! S
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
Hi there! I used OPK's last month but won't be using them this month becuase I drove myself mad with them and they are so expensive. Pop yourself over the the TTC forum and the girls will help you out over there. Welcome to the madness :o0 :wv
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
I used OPKs and got BFP after 3 months. I found the other methods too fiddly and hit and miss. I used Boots own brand for first 2 months, but Clear Blue Digital last month - its more DEFINATE no wondering about OV date. I have irregular periods so went through a good few, but by 3rd month was using less as I more or less knew the days to test, whereas before I was really only getting to know my cycle. HTH :wv
Perci Posts: 3847
I didn't use them as my AF was back to normal straight after coming off pill and I was PG within 6wks. I didn't want to become too clinical about it and I was lucky that it happened so quickly. I think if it wasn't happening after a few months I might have tried them.
Lady Di Posts: 2487
No we didn't use them but was lucky that we always got pregnant pretty quickly. I did vow to myself though that I wouldn't use them as like Augusta I didn't want to become to clinical about BD'ing. I think that if you just have a regular sex life you should be OK!!
roxychick Posts: 1802
no didn't use them. Totally relyed on cm. Got pg first month ttc
silíní Posts: 4219
Thanks so much, its great to hear the positive stories. TBH i have a history of endometriosis (years ago and am fine now) so it makes me so afraid that it will take me ages.... i suppose i'll just go 'au naturel' the first few months and if no luck then might use them. I have really regular cycles and so i think would have good idea when to test........ But im afraid of getting obsessed with them..!!!! O:|
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I used them and found them great. Bought them from saveontests.com and they are very cheap. Between opks and evening primrose I think it helped us get our BFP both times.
newyearbabs Posts: 686
I used them for a few months but they never showed anything up I found it upsetting so I knocked them on the head and left it to the powers that be. Good luck