ordering from america

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nutcake Posts: 1168
hiya has anyone ordered their wedding dress r bridesmaid dress fom america? its so much cheaper but im a bit wary :o(
monkeybear Posts: 1926
hi nutcake, I ordered 4 jim hjelm bm dresses from gownsales.com i ordered them first week in january and got them i think it was march and they are perfect, had to pay E100 custom on the package but even then the dresses were still half the price they were in the shops, i know there are loads more people on here who ordered from them too and more who ordered from rk bridal, mabe do a search for rk bridal and gownsales and see what comes up on here. Its hard not too feel uneasy about ordering from america but if you stick with one of the well known companys everything should be fine. i was delighted with the saving!!
monkeybear Posts: 1926
just came across this new post this bride has got her dress from rk bridal maybe pm her and see how it all went http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... p?t=197989
nutcake Posts: 1168
thats great thanks *)
fruitandnut Posts: 49
hi, i ordered my wedding dress from www.discountbridal.org and it was 1000 euro cheaper than here! the dress arrived and it was perfect. i had to pay 30 euro tax on it, they marked it as a gift and cheaper than it actually cost! email Karen and she'll answer any questions. i'm so delighted with my dress and savings!
the winner Posts: 4148
Its so much cheaper to order from the states I was going to but ended up ordering them in Newry it worked out a good bit cheaper too... If I were U I would order my BM dresses from america but my own dress here or Newry but Ireland anyways. :wv :wv
peachesbride Posts: 110
I got my bridesmaid dresses from TJ Formals in America. They were Bella by Venus dresses. I ordered the end of January and they arrived on Good Friday. They were absolutely perfect. Paid €90 customs.
littlemissus Posts: 481
I would highly recommend ordering from America but as a previous poster said order from one of the well known places such as RK Bridal or Gownsales. I got both my own dress & my bridesmaid dresses from RK Bridal and I couldnt fault them one bit. Saved a fortune and all dresses came in perfect condition well packaged and also earlier than expected. I was also a bit nervous about ordering online but after reading all the positive feedback on WOL I went ahead with it & would recommend it anyone. The only thing I would say is if its possible try the dresses ur interested in on here first so you know what ur getting. Good luck with it *)
wex-girl Posts: 179
hi i ordered mine from www.houseofbrides.com ordered them in feb and they arrived in april all perfect did have to pay 170 customs but still much cheaper than here even after customs!!!