Menu

Ormonde in Kilkenny

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Modelrebel Posts: 20
Hi everyone, this is my 1st time posting, only engaged 2 weeks! We are eager to book a venue asap and are strongly thinking about the Ormonde in Kilkenny. Has anyone been to/had a wedding there? We are clueless, please help!!! Thanks :wv
exmiss Posts: 199
Congratulations!!!! Didn't attend wedding but have stayed there and it's a lovely hotel-staff were lovely and rooms were really nice! Happy planning!
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Hi Modelrebel, congratulations on your engagement! I attended a wedding reception in the Ormonde about 2 years ago & it was a great venue. The room had lovely purple uplighting throughout, it was a spacious room with a big bar in the centre so no one went missing from the action! Very central location in Kilkenny too so plenty of accomodation options for guests, car park etc.
Claddagh1981 Posts: 1117
Hi Modelrebel :wv Congrats on your engagement. My cousin had his wedding there two weeks ago, and we have stayed there a few times before. Its a lovely hotel the function room is gorgeous, but I have to say I wasnt a fan of the food at the wedding. Turkey and ham/beef, I dont know what other options they offer but they were not very nice ;o( Best of luck with all your planning :)
Modelrebel Posts: 20
Thank you so much for the info! I just can't believe how hard it is to choose a venue! Have been looking at Sneem hotel too if anyone has info? Claddagh1981 was it all the food you didn't like or the choice? We have been offered a choice of whichever food we would like but food is a big thing to us so if its not good quality we will look elsewhere? Thanks again, this is such a great site! Yay, less stress :o)ll