OT - Job Application

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mamaboom Posts: 2094
Very off topic but hoped you guys could help! I'm out of work a good few weeks now, got pregnant the same week :o0 Anyway, I've been looking around for jobs etc and found one that I really like the sounds of, only 20 mins drive away, large company etc. Am torn with applying for it or not - if I get called for interview do I tell them I'm pregnant? I'd hate to be seen as keeping something from them if I did get the job and had to drop the bombshell then............... I was also on the look out for a six month contract - that way it'd be finished before baby is born and I could go back to work afresh when baby is older or when it goes to creche. Sorry for the rambling post but I hope you know what I'm trying to say!
PrincessLea Posts: 436
Go on and apply for the job you silly!!! And no, you don't have to mention that you're pregnant!!! There's discrimination laws against all those kinda things you know! I found out I was pregnant the day after I signed the contract for my new job, started 2 days later... After 2 interviews were I repetedly said oh no, we have no plans to start a family for many years yet! Nothing htey can do! Good luck!!! :wv
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Go and apply for the job. Worry about what to say at the interview when you get it.
Dee-Lite Posts: 403
I say go for it. I applied for a 6mth contract position when I was a good few weeks pregnant with DD. I was really bad with the all day sickness but somehow managed through the panel interview. I'd say just go for it and take one step at a time and see where it takes you. Best of luck with whatever you decide.